General Discussion on CMNT

Scorpion26

2 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

I am no copyright lawyer but someone is playing with fire if they don’t think FIFA might take action against a massive company openly knocking-off their logo.  

44DA85D9-8001-4B96-A09A-D26F6B415912.png

Nah, this is really cleverly done. The only similarity is the shape that is positioned within “soccer cup” no concerted/direct effort to connect to FIFA, Qatar or the World Cup. 

If I was their lawyer I’d probably recommend selling Italy shirts as well just as a little extra defence. ;) 

This is akin to a “no name” brand version of World Cup gear. 

Edited by CanadaFan123

8 hours ago, frmr said:

PSA to anyone with good seats in Qatar and can take a nice photo: pretty much all of our players need better Wikipedia pictures.

It annoys me to an extent that they don't make the photos they have on flickr available for free use. Like I get protecting your content absolutely, but at the same time I don't think people are actively trying to steal and misuse photos of Canadian soccer players lmao

You reminded me of Kamal Miller's blurry ass photo.

25 minutes ago, VinceA said:

It annoys me to an extent that they don't make the photos they have on flickr available for free use. Like I get protecting your content absolutely, but at the same time I don't think people are actively trying to steal and misuse photos of Canadian soccer players lmao

You reminded me of Kamal Miller's blurry ass photo.

It’s weird, are you not allowed to source the image?

Is it a Canada soccer Flickr thing or a Wikipedia thing?

Here's mine:

GK: Borjan, St. Clair, Pantemis
DF: Vitoría, Miller, Johnston, Cornelius, Henry, Waterman, Adekugbe, Laryea
MF: Hoillet, Eustaquio, Piette, Kone, Hutchinson, *Osorio, Kaye, Wotherspoon
FW: Davies, David, Larin, Cavallini, Buchanan, Ugbo, Corbeanu

*I reserve the right to make one change based on Osorio's availability before the date.

36 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

And here they are:

Borjan, DSC, Pantemis

Vitoría, Miller, Johnson, Cornelius, Henry, Waterman, Adekugbe, Laryea

Buchanon, Hoillet, Eustaquio, Piette, Kone, Hutchinson, Osorio, Kaye, Wotherspoon, Millar

Davies, David, Larin, Cavallini, Ugbo

We almost agree 100% except I had Buchanan in place of your Buchanon.😜

28 minutes ago, Shway said:

Here's mine:

GK: Borjan, St. Clair, Pantemis
DF: Vitoría, Miller, Johnston, Cornelius, Henry, Waterman, Adekugbe, Laryea
MF: Hoillet, Eustaquio, Piette, Kone, Hutchinson, *Osorio, Kaye, Wotherspoon
FW: Davies, David, Larin, Cavallini, Buchanan, Ugbo, Corbeanu

*I reserve the right to make one change based on Osorio's availability before the date.

You have a date with Osorio? Not that there's anything wrong with that.......

2 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

And here they are:

Borjan, DSC, Pantemis

Vitoría, Miller, Johnson, Cornelius, Henry, Waterman, Adekugbe, Laryea

Buchanon, Hoillet, Eustaquio, Piette, Kone, Hutchinson, Osorio, Kaye, Wotherspoon, Millar

Davies, David, Larin, Cavallini, Ugbo

I agree with this one (Shocker! @BearcatSA and I on the same page), but I hate like hell leaving Corbeanu off the squad.

8 minutes ago, Ivan said:

I agree with this one (Shocker! @BearcatSA and I on the same page), but I hate like hell leaving Corbeanu off the squad.

Same here. My one change could be corbeanu for one of Henry, waterman, cornelius. I read another post that says 8 defenders are usually chosen for a world cup - 2 players per position. Statistically they are less used as subs compared to other positions. So you could make a claim to go with 7 true defenders, davies and buchanan could be 8 and 9 at wingback, and hutch at CB in a crisis for 10. 

28 minutes ago, Ivan said:

Corbeanu has that x factor on the attack that I like but Millar has been a starter in Europa League.  Tough one.

Heck, they could both be going if Herdman sees Hutchinson as a back up defender and decides not to bring Waterman. 

12 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

Corbeanu has that x factor on the attack that I like but Millar has been a starter in Europa League.  Tough one.

Heck, they could both be going if Herdman sees Hutchinson as a back up defender and decides not to bring Waterman. 

No need for Waterman imo.

44 minutes ago, jhoops__ said:

No need for Waterman imo.

I think a good rule of thumb is that your roster should be able to sustain the loss of any three players. By that way of thinking you would need all five or risk pressing Hutch into service as an emergency defender (again).