General Discussion on CMNT

Scorpion26

I hope CSA media people are reading this. Please !!! Give us some news on Friendlies and announcements -something big !!! Do it just before the game or half time or tomorrow. Give the fans something get fired up for !!! Please stop being useless and incompetent just for once!!! give us something big so we can forget all the BS that has happen. 

Ps. Bring back Arfield 

19 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

You want the CSA to announce fall friendlies tonight??  I thought they were supposed to be hashing things out with the players compensation etc??  

Oh God we all know the CSA is so screwed on that. That’s not getting done anytime soon. But hey maybe announce a contract signed and fall Friendlies boom ! 

5 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

So the OneSoccer panel identified two pretty interesting wild cards for roster spots going to Qatar - Kone and Koleosho.  I don’t think most people would put them on the plane so interesting to hear Oli and KJ agree on those two.  

That was such a stupid take. How you gonna take Koleosho and leave out Millar?

There’s two spots up for grabs in my opinion, and it could be any of the young guys in:

- Akinola
- Corbeanu
- Kone
- Priso
- Kolesho *
- Jebbison *

I don’t think one of Fraser, Millar, or Cornelius not being on the plane.

4 minutes ago, Shway said:

Anybody see who KJ and Platt had going to Qatar…

Koleosho, and Kone as the surprises over Liam Millar.…interestingly stupid.

I would bring in Jebbison if that’s the case.

I am a fan of Liam’s but I think the one thing that hurts him is his position.  He competes with our best player for the left wing position and is in a pool with other wide attackers like Tajon, Hoilett, and even Richie and Adekugbe when you consider the guys that play wide on the outside of a 5 man mid.  Herdman seems to like tactical flexibility and guys who can shift between a couple of roles whereas Millar seems like more of an out and out winger than some of the others.   

3 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I am a fan of Liam’s but I think the one thing that hurts him is his position.  He competes with our best player for the left wing position and is in a pool with other wide attackers like Tajon, Hoilett, and even Richie and Adekugbe when you consider the guys that play wide on the outside of a 5 man mid.  Herdman seems to like tactical flexibility and guys who can shift between a couple of roles whereas Millar seems like more of an out and out winger than some of the others.   

Seems like a reasonable take no one likes saying around here. I share the exact sentiment.

Ive said this exact same thing recently in reference to it being key for players being versatile, while Liam is an out and out LW/LM.

I even think Brym has a shout because of the very same rule. I do know these “fringe” players will have a massive summer/start to their season where they will have to make some noise. As there will be one window, and you gotta think Herdman will more than likely have his final squad for the September window baring any miraculous form past it. 

2 hours ago, Mitchryan11 said:

a loss to panama, costa rica and honduras in our last 5 games are we coming back to reality?

We’ve lost our form a bit but we had a hell of a run there for a while.   I think this adversity will help a little and perhaps bring us back down to earth knowing we have to out work our opponents and not just show up and out skill them…

To state the obvious, I think our WC success is really relative to our expectations.  Some people think we can pull a surprise and get out of our group. Other just want us to score our  first ever WC goal and have a respectable showing.   Admittedly the latter is a pretty modest target but we are pot 4 team ranked 38th in the world, in a group with teams ranked 2nd, 16th, and 22nd in the world.  We are a young team that should compete hard in 2026 but an awful lot needs to come together for us to do anything significant in November.  

8 hours ago, Shway said:

There’s two spots up for grabs in my opinion, and it could be any of the young guys in:

- Akinola
- Corbeanu
- Kone
- Priso
- Kolesho *
- Jebbison *

I don’t think one of Fraser, Millar, or Cornelius not being on the plane.

That sentence is a double negative. So you think Fraser, Millar and Cornelius will be on the plane?

Half this board refreshes Stefan mitrovic’s dad’s Twitter feed to get hints on whether he’ll play for us or not because we’re desperate for a guy who can score goals in a European league, but Liam Millar who scores just as many goals in a better league is on the outside looking in? What are we even doing here?

31 minutes ago, Sal333 said:

That sentence is a double negative. So you think Fraser, Millar and Cornelius will be on the plane?

Oops just realized, thanks for the correction. Yes I think Fraser, Millar, and Cornelius will be on the plane.

There has to be a drastic change in form or a hidden promise for other guys to make it. 

I would take Millar, Kolesho and Kone and drop Fraser. He's a dependable depth option, but surplus to requirements. Some may say the same about Millar, but I would rather have an offensive player scoring for Basel than a defensve midfielder in the Belgiam second division, with all due respect. It's about where you want to shed the depth and I think with Hutchinson, Eustaquio and Piette we can afford to drop Fraser. 

4 hours ago, Mitchryan11 said:

a loss to panama, costa rica and honduras in our last 5 games are we coming back to reality?

We got screwed by an early Red Card in CR. Anyone that watched that game knew we were the better team with only 10 men. Tactics and lineup were all wrong in Panama in a game that meant nothing. Last nights debacle in Honduras should have never been played. Surface was unplayable, game should have been postponed until today.

1 hour ago, SpecialK said:

They have to put Kone on there because they hyped him up SO much even calling him the next Davies. 

Yeah that was ridiculous angle they were pushing. Kone may not even be a starter with Choniere back in the middle and Piette healthy once more. Will be interesting to see if he makes the September camp. I think players like Kone aren't going to make the Qatar roster if they fail to make the next set of friendlies.

11 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Yeah that was ridiculous angle they were pushing. Kone may not even be a starter with Choniere back in the middle and Piette healthy once more. Will be interesting to see if he makes the September camp. I think players like Kone aren't going to make the Qatar roster if they fail to make the next set of friendlies.

I know yesterday’s game was a shit show. But for me Kaye was not very good and he makes me nervous. Your midfield depth after the big 3 is questionable. This is why we need Arfield