General Discussion on CMNT

Scorpion26

36 minutes ago, narduch said:

This makes us taking only 25 players this window (now down to 23) look even worse

All signs were pointing to this so it was very short-sided by the CSA & Herdman to not consistently have 26+ guys in camps.

But we're not surprised.

1 hour ago, costarg said:

Budget cuts, this is not on Herdman, of course he'd love to have more, he just needs to cut where and when ever he can.

Through that whole debacle, I realized the CSA has money to literally and figuratively throw away.

Which has made everyone’s money questions legitimate.

1 minute ago, Bison44 said:

Thats a terrible place to cut costs.  Having those extra 2 guys might have kept you in the running for a dual national, or let you bring along a youngster to ease him into the program.  You shouldnt step over loonies to pick up nickels.  

If you can afford to have Campagna there they can afford another player

I have an idea on how the CSA can drum up some cash during the World Cup but I don't know if FIFA or the deal with CSB will allow it.

In hockey and basketball during the playoffs the away teams sell tickets to their fans and broadcast the game in her home arena.

What if the CSA does that in Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Winnipeg, Hamilton, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Halifax and any other city that wants to participate. Let's say 10 cities with a total of 300,000 fans. $30 dollars a ticket. That's $9,000,000 per game. $27 million for three games. After expenses let's say 15 million go into CSA's coffers..

Just a thought. I'm sure there's some broadcast rights that get in the way.

11 minutes ago, Sal333 said:

I have an idea on how the CSA can drum up some cash during the World Cup but I don't know if FIFA or the deal with CSB will allow it.

In hockey and basketball during the playoffs the away teams sell tickets to their fans and broadcast the game in her home arena.

What if the CSA does that in Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Winnipeg, Hamilton, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Halifax and any other city that wants to participate. Let's say 10 cities with a total of 300,000 fans. $30 dollars a ticket. That's $9,000,000 per game. $27 million for three games. After expenses let's say 15 million go into CSA's coffers..

Just a thought. I'm sure there's some broadcast rights that get in the way.

I think getting 30,000 fans for this would be ambitious.

7 minutes ago, frmr said:

Why is Campagna at every senior camp?

See while in New Zealand Herdman met this ewe that had a certain twinkle in its eye.........yada yadda yadddaa....Campagna gets invited to every camp and that manila folder stays safely hidden away.