General Discussion on CMNT

Scorpion26

On 2/28/2022 at 2:15 PM, Corazon said:

Canadian's Leaving MLS in 2022

Tajon Buchanon - Left New England Revolution and signed with Club Brugge in Belgian First Divison

Richie Laryea - Left Toronto FC and signed with Nottingham Forest in the English Championship

Liam Fraser - Left Columbus/Toronto and signed with Deinze in Belgium B Division

Jay Chapman - Left Inter Miami and signed with Dundee FC in Scottish Premier League

Tosaint Ricketts - Contract was not renewed with Vancouver Whitecaps and current status unknown

Theo Bair - Left Vancouver Whitecaps and signed with St. Johnstone in the Scottish Premier League

Ashtone Morgan - Left Real Salt Lake and signed with Forge in the CPL

Ballou Jean-Yves Tabla - Left Montreal and signed with Atletico Ottawa in the CPL

Patrick Metcalfe - Left Vancouver Whitecaps and remains unsigned

Julian Dunn-Johnson - Left Toronto FC and signed with Hamarkameratene in the Norweigian Eliteserien

Clement Bayiha - Left Montreal and signed with Hamarkameratene in the Norweigian Eliteserien

Rocco Romeo - Left Toronto FC and signed with Valour FC in the CPL

Gianfranco Facchineri - Contract bought out by Vancouver Whitecaps and current status unknown

Thats over 7600 minutes from last season that left. It is going to be difficult to beat that and keep increasing our total minutes played year over year.

On 2/28/2022 at 12:15 PM, Corazon said:

Patrick Metcalfe - Left Vancouver Whitecaps and remains unsigned

Too bad he hasn't caught on anywhere yet. There's still plenty of time to join a CPL side, but I am a little surprised it hasn't happened already. 

I thought he had a good Olympic Qualifiers and it would be a shame to see him slip out of the professional game.

While things are as good as they have ever been with the National team, these are actually pretty dark days for our players at the club level. Phonzie out, David hasnt scored in ages, Steph is pretty much frozen out, Laryea not in squad, Larin hasnt done much this year at Besiktas, Tajon has been ok but hasnt lit the league on fire....not much to be excited about right now

6 minutes ago, Floortom said:

While things are as good as they have ever been with the National team, these are actually pretty dark days for our players at the club level. Phonzie out, David hasnt scored in ages, Steph is pretty much frozen out, Laryea not in squad, Larin hasnt done much this year at Besiktas, Tajon has been ok but hasnt lit the league on fire....not much to be excited about right now

I guess it is all about perspective. 

Phonzie should be returning very soon.  David is playing in the Champions League.  Eustaquio just made his first start for Porto.  Larin is angling for a move to a much bigger club.  Tajon has been doing quite well at Brugge after making the jump from MLS.   

I agree that it would be great if everyone was blasting in goals and breaking records but I still don’t think I would ever describe our current club situation as “pretty dark”.  

2 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Phonzie should be returning very soon.  David is playing in the Champions League.  Eustaquio just made his first start for Porto.  Larin is angling for a move to a much bigger club.  Tajon has been doing quite well at Brugge after making the jump from MLS.   

I agree that it would be great if everyone was blasting in goals and breaking records but I still don’t think I would ever describe our current club situation as “pretty dark”.  

Ya...I like your glass half full much better. I'm sure all those players will be super pumped for our games this coming window  especially if they have not seen the field much with their clubs.

20 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

I agree, but I think that after this last round of WCQ (where we were basically crowned kings of CONCACAF), all of us were expecting/hoping to see the momentum carry over to the club level.  Instead, it seems to have ground to a halt, or at least it's back to the same old "'X' saw 10 minutes as a late sub, got 4 touches, yay" commentary.  Either way, it's a bit of a letdown...  😐 

Edited by GasPed

Canadians in MLS - Through Week 2

The good news - I doubt we have ever had 32 Canadians feature in the first 2 matchdays of an MLS Season.

The bad news - 26 of the 32 players have featured from the three Canadian MLS Teams and they have a combined for a record of 0W-4L-2T. 

Player Team Position GP GS MP G A
Jonathan Osorio Toronto CM 2 2 180 1 0
Raheem Edwards Los Angeles LW 2 2 180 0 2
Alistair Johnston Montreal RB 2 2 180 0 0
Kamal Miller Montreal CB 2 2 171 0 0
Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty Toronto CM 2 2 160 0 0
Lucas Cavallini Vancouver ST 2 2 160 0 0
Russell Teibert Vancouver CM 2 2 147 0 0
Mark Anthony Kaye Colorado CM 2 2 146 0 0
Jayden Nelson Toronto RW 2 2 136 0 0
Jacob Shaffelburg Toronto LW 2 2 135 0 1
Ismael Kone Montreal CM 2 2 126 0 1
Cristian Gutierrez Vancouver LB 2 1 123 0 0
Mathieu Choiniere Montreal CM 2 1 94 0 0
Luca Petrasso Toronto RB 1 1 90 0 1
Joel Waterman Montreal CB 1 1 90 0 0
Zorhan Bassong Montreal LB 2 1 70 0 0
Rida Zouhir Montreal CM 2 0 54 0 0
Deandre Kerr Toronto ST 1 1 45 0 0
Michael Baldisimo Vancouver CM 1 1 45 0 0
Noble Okello Toronto CM 2 0 44 0 0
Tesho Akindele Orlando ST 1 0 38 0 0
Zach Brault-Guillard Montreal RB 1 0 25    
Kadin Chung Toronto CM 1 0 20 0 0
Tyler Pasher Houston ST 1 0 14 0 0
Ralph Priso-Mbongue Toronto CM 1 0 10 0 0
Lukas MacNaughton Toronto CB 1 0 10 0 0
Doneil Henry Los Angeles FC CB 1 0 4 0 0
Ryan Raposo Vancouver CM 1 0 2 0 0
Emiliano Brienza Vancouver ST 1 0 2 0 0
Callum Montgomery Minnesota CB          
Tani Oluwaseyi Minnesota ST          
Samuel Piette Montreal CM          
Jean-Aniel Assi Montreal ST          
Nathan-Dylan Saliba Montreal CM          
Keesean Ferdinand Montreal CB          
Karifa Yao Montreal CB          
Tomas Giraldo Montreal CM          
Sean Rea Montreal CM          
O'Vonte Mullings New York ST          
Ayo Akinola Toronto ST          
Luke Singh Toronto CB          
Kosi Thompson Toronto CM          
Jordan Peruzza Toronto ST          
Reshaun Wilkes Toronto ST          
Marcus Godinho Vancouver RB          
Kamron Habibullah Vancouver CM          
Matteo Campagna Vancouver CM          
Simon Colyn Vancouver (to Jong PSV) CM          
Derek Cornelious Vancouver (to Panetolikos) CB          
Damiano Pecile Vancouver (to Venezia) CM          

Player Team Position GP GS MP S GA
Maxime Crepeau Los Angeles GK 2 2 180 4 1
Thomas Hasal Vancouver GK 2 2 180 7 4
Sebastian Breza Montreal (from Bologna) GK 2 2 180 3 4
James Pantemis Montreal GK          
Dayne St Clair Minnesota GK          
Greg Ranjitsingh Toronto GK          
Isaac Boehmer Vancouver GK          
Jonathan Sirois Montreal GK          
Luka Gavran Toronto GK          

I don't like what I'm seeing from Montreal. They're obviously stretched thin but Nancy isn't rotating the youngsters in and as a result he's burning out our defensive main guys and they aren't playing well and are losing their MLS games too. At this rate Miller and Johnstona are gonna come in on fumes

Doesn't look good for them right now.

Edited by VinceA

At least all the Toronto FC Canadians have looked great so far today.  MacNaughton has been good.  Chung just had a great last ditch tackle a few minutes ago.  Osorio has the hockey assist on the goal.  Okello had been very good and very strong.  Nelson has looked fantastic and held that offside trap well a few minutes ago.  Petrasso has looked great as well.  Unfortunate for JMR and his injury.

All against a very strong team and very short handed TFC team.  A lot of new players starting and a lot of players in unfamiliar roles.  With that being said, Columbus are putting it on now.

Edited by Corazon

2 hours ago, VinceA said:

Montrea's defense is trash and also comprises of two of three starters on our national backline. I hope they don't bring this to the NT in a couple of weeks. What an embarrassing effort so far.

Miller's insufficient clearance contributed to the first, and then they laughably got caught in possession trying to play of out of the back for goals two and four.  Gong!!!

4 hours ago, narduch said:

The USMNT fan base are arrogant.

Classic case of delusions of grandeur. 

I'm really hoping they crash out of qualifying. The social media meltdown would be epic

Is it possible we could be in a position where us losing in Panama could possibly be the reason USA crashes out of qualifying? 🤣

Canadian's in MLS - Week 3 Update

Not a great week for the Canadian MLS Teams although many Canadian players saw action this weekend.

Godinho, Peruzza, Ricketts & St Clair made their season debuts this weekend.  Thompson made his MLS Debut as well.

Edwards got his 3rd assist of the season while Osorio provided his first assist of the season.  Meanwhile Cavallini, Brault-Guillard & Kaye opened up their scoring accounts this weekend.

Crepeau earned his 2nd shutout while St Clair got his first shutout in his first start of the season.

Player Team Position GP GS MP G A
Jonathan Osorio Toronto CM 3 3 270 1 1
Raheem Edwards Los Angeles LW 3 3 270 0 3
Kamal Miller Montreal CB 3 3 261 0 0
Lucas Cavallini Vancouver ST 3 3 250 1 0
Mark Anthony Kaye Colorado CM 3 3 236 1 0
Russell Teibert Vancouver CM 3 3 236 0 0
Alistair Johnston Montreal RB 3 3 225 0 0
Jayden Nelson Toronto RW 3 3 218 0 0
Cristian Gutierrez Vancouver LB 3 2 213 0 0
Luca Petrasso Toronto RB 2 2 180 0 1
Joel Waterman Montreal CB 2 2 180 0 0
Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty Toronto CM 3 3 172 0 0
Ismael Kone Montreal CM 3 2 146 0 1
Jacob Shaffelburg Toronto LW 2 2 135 0 1
Noble Okello Toronto CM 3 1 126 0 0
Kadin Chung Toronto CM 2 1 110 0 0
Lukas MacNaughton Toronto CB 2 1 100 0 0
Rida Zouhir Montreal CM 3 1 99 0 0
Mathieu Choiniere Montreal CM 2 1 94 0 0
Doneil Henry Los Angeles FC CB 2 1 94 0 0
Zach Brault-Guillard Montreal RB 2 0 70 1 0
Zorhan Bassong Montreal LB 2 1 70 0 0
Michael Baldisimo Vancouver CM 1 1 45 0 0
Deandre Kerr Toronto ST 1 1 45 0 0
Ralph Priso-Mbongue Toronto CM 2 0 45 0 0
Tesho Akindele Orlando ST 2 0 40 0 0
Marcus Godinho Vancouver RB 1 0 24 0 0
Tyler Pasher Houston ST 1 0 14 0 0
Ryan Raposo Vancouver CM 2 0 8 0 0
Kosi Thompson Toronto CM 1 0 8 0 0
Jordan Peruzza Toronto ST 1 0 8 0 0
Emiliano Brienza Vancouver ST 1 0 2 0 0
Tosaint Rickets Vancouver ST 1 0 1 0 0
Damiano Pecile Vancouver (to Venezia) CM          
Derek Cornelious Vancouver (to Panetolikos) CB          
Simon Colyn Vancouver (to Jong PSV) CM          
Kamron Habibullah Vancouver (to Pacific FC) CM          
Matteo Campagna Vancouver CM          
Ayo Akinola Toronto ST          
Luke Singh Toronto (to FC Edmonton) CB          
Reshaun Wilkes Toronto ST          
O'Vonte Mullings New York ST          
Samuel Piette Montreal CM          
Jean-Aniel Assi Montreal ST          
Nathan-Dylan Saliba Montreal CM          
Keesean Ferdinand Montreal CB          
Karifa Yao Montreal CB          
Tomas Giraldo Montreal CM          
Sean Rea Montreal CM          
Callum Montgomery Minnesota CB          
Tani Oluwaseyi Minnesota ST          

Player Team Position GP GS MP S GA
Thomas Hasal Vancouver GK 3 3 270 9 6
Dayne St Clair Minnesota GK 1 1 90 7 0
Maxime Crepeau Los Angeles GK 3 3 270 6 1
Sebastian Breza Montreal (from Bologna) GK 3 3 270 6 8
James Pantemis Montreal GK          
Greg Ranjitsingh Toronto GK          
Isaac Boehmer Vancouver GK          
Jonathan Sirois Montreal GK          
Luka Gavran Toronto GK          

26 minutes ago, trc2014 said:

Anyone watching the One Soccer today episode?  Gareth unnecessarily jumping all over Alex there.  Scared he’s going to take his job? Haha

It was definitely a bit much.. wouldn't let Alex finish his point.  Wheeler has a hate on for the Caps for sure.

9 minutes ago, Borjans Pants said:

It was definitely a bit much.. wouldn't let Alex finish his point.  Wheeler has a hate on for the Caps for sure.

It was pretty embarrassing.  Oli with the amazing call out after the fact about the concern for games less than a year ago against Suriname and Haiti.

Watching it now and yeah they need to do something about Gareth. It's getting to a point where he's dragging the product down. Being obnoxious and loud isn't going to get casual people to buy into your service or your sport. OneSoccer needs approachable people, not the Wheeler's of the world who think loud=good.

1 hour ago, VinceA said:

Watching it now and yeah they need to do something about Gareth. It's getting to a point where he's dragging the product down. Being obnoxious and loud isn't going to get casual people to buy into your service or your sport. OneSoccer needs approachable people, not the Wheeler's of the world who think loud=good.

You need a mix of personalities. I won’t tune in with Peter Schaad and James Dolan doing it…..yawwn.

That online format isn’t suited for GW, but on set and it’s different. You need differing opinions, and most definitely personalities…this isn’t TSNs that’s hockey. 

Mix of personalities sure, but the loud mouth hot take "espn/fox sports" constant argument, controversy machine isnt someone I enjoy on a panel.  And lets remember he still is a TFC guy, still does his COYR podcast with Dunfield.  Typically he ragged all over Van but TFC blew their lead also.  TFC is in the "early stages" but he cant see Van fixing things, and its lipstik on a pig out west.  He definately needs to reign it in.