General Discussion on CMNT

Scorpion26

1 hour ago, Ally McCoist said:

Not sure if this was shared but I freakin LOVE seeing these videos. What a time to be alive.

While it is fun to watch, it would've been nice if he knew a bit more about CONCACAF.  He really latches on to the 34 years between US wins as if the US is the only team we played in that time.  Would've been worth mentioning the 2000 Gold Cup in there.  But I may just be cranky.

Maybe I should do a response video on the Australian team and focus solely on Mark Viduka or something like that.

59 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

While it is fun to watch, it would've been nice if he knew a bit more about CONCACAF.  He really latches on to the 34 years between US wins as if the US is the only team we played in that time.  Would've been worth mentioning the 2000 Gold Cup in there.  But I may just be cranky.

Maybe I should do a response video on the Australian team and focus solely on Mark Viduka or something like that.

Beat me to it. I watched that a few days ago actually and only got half way through because the lack of concacaf knowledge was irritating, but maybe this is a sign I too am entering "cranky old man" status. 

4 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Do you know him? I used to work for him - he's a solid guy.

Nope. I don't know what else to say about that draft scandal though - where he was trying to do MRI's on people's brains. I think he's very much what people thought Herdman was a few years ago.

Plus, that Sportico article left a really bad taste in my mouth.

But hey, maybe he's a better owner than GM.

On 2/15/2022 at 11:58 AM, El Hombre said:

At least we are getting some praise from afar

I'd be lying if I didn't say I regularly go back and watch highlights of our games. Lately I've been rewatching the ending of Canada vs USA. Those final few mins including the celebrations man... consistent goosebumps.

From minute 20 of the video and onwards... put that shit on replay.

Edited by Ally McCoist

On 2/23/2022 at 9:30 AM, Ally McCoist said:

I'd be lying if I didn't say I regularly go back and watch highlights of our games. Lately I've been rewatching the ending of Canada vs USA. Those final few mins including the celebrations man... consistent goosebumps.

From minute 20 of the video and onwards... put that shit on replay.

Hard to stop smiling when watching this.

He butchered the pronunciation of a few CMNT player's names and also that of a legend like Roberto Bettega.    He identified one or two players as key contributors that probably shouldn't be and ignored one or two others that should be.    Otherwise, a very high quality well researched and accurate piece.  One of the best i have seen from a source that's abroad.  Most Canadian mainstream media isn't as well versed on the MNT and its history as he is.

Edited by Free kick

Pearce and Bradley with high praise for the footy culture and fanbase in and around TO. Bob also with some general comments about CMNTs recent rise to prominence near the end of the vid. Bob is one man, but I think many underestimate the attention just his presence will draw to the sport and the team (TFC) within Canada and on an international level. Perhaps well beyond what TFC has experienced to this point. Also, Insigne 😂

Canadians in MLS 2022 (please feel free to add anything if I have missed).  There will inevitably be new additions to the list and some players that drop out as well.  We have already seen two MLS draftees sign elsewhere and I suspect we may see a few more loaned out.  Please feel free to add any comments or correct me if I have made a mistake or missed someone.

New Canadian's to MLS in 2022

Nate Dossantos - Orlando City (drafted by Orlando but signed with Pittsburgh Riverhounds in the USL)

Mohamed Omar - Colorado Rapids (drafted by Colorado but due to roster restrictions was not signed and moved to Halifax Wanderers in the CPL)

Tani Oluwaseyi - Minnesota United (drafted by Minnesota and signed on the weekend)

O'Vonte Mullings - New York Red Bulls (drafted by NYRB but unsure if he has signed?)

Luka Gavran - Toronto FC (drafted by Toronto but expected to be a part of Reserves)

Reshaun Walkes - Toronto FC (drafted by Toronto but expected to be a part of Reserves)

Doneil Henry - LAFC (back in for a 3rd time and played 4 minutes off the bench)

Deandre Kerr - Toronto FC (signed out of Syracuse and has already started a game for Toronto)

Emiliano Brienza - Vancouver Whitecaps (signed from Academy on Friday and made his debut off the bench on Saturday)

Kadin Chung - Toronto FC (signed from Pacific FC in the CPL)

Lukas MacNaughton - Toronto FC (signed from Pacific FC in the CPL)

Kosi Thompson - Toronto FC (signed from TFC II)

Luca Petrasso - Toronto FC (signed from TFC II)

Canadian's Leaving MLS in 2022

Tajon Buchanon - Left New England Revolution and signed with Club Brugge in Belgian First Divison

Richie Laryea - Left Toronto FC and signed with Nottingham Forest in the English Championship

Liam Fraser - Left Columbus/Toronto and signed with Deinze in Belgium B Division

Jay Chapman - Left Inter Miami and signed with Dundee FC in Scottish Premier League

Tosaint Ricketts - Contract was not renewed with Vancouver Whitecaps and current status unknown

Theo Bair - Left Vancouver Whitecaps and signed with St. Johnstone in the Scottish Premier League

Ashtone Morgan - Left Real Salt Lake and signed with Forge in the CPL

Ballou Jean-Yves Tabla - Left Montreal and signed with Atletico Ottawa in the CPL

Patrick Metcalfe - Left Vancouver Whitecaps and remains unsigned

Julian Dunn-Johnson - Left Toronto FC and signed with Hamarkameratene in the Norweigian Eliteserien

Clement Bayiha - Left Montreal and signed with Hamarkameratene in the Norweigian Eliteserien

Rocco Romeo - Left Toronto FC and signed with Valour FC in the CPL

Gianfranco Facchineri - Contract bought out by Vancouver Whitecaps and current status unknown

Canadians in MLS 2022

Player Team Position GP GS MP G A
Jonathan Osorio Toronto CM 1 1 90 1 0
Raheem Edwards Los Angeles LW 1 1 90 0 1
Jacob Shaffelburg Toronto LW 1 1 90 0 1
Kamal Miller Montreal CB 1 1 90 0 0
Joel Waterman Montreal CB 1 1 90 0 0
Alistair Johnston Montreal RB 1 1 90 0 0
Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty Toronto CM 1 1 90 0 0
Lucas Cavallini Vancouver ST 1 1 88 0 0
Mark Anthony Kaye Colorado CM 1 1 83 0 0
Jayden Nelson Toronto RW 1 1 66 0 0