Scott Kennedy

I wonder if he has a dodgy hip flexor. My hip flexors are always the first thing to give out whenever I play and they take forever to heal and are quickly reinjured.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Just noticed he started and went 74' minutes for Wolfsberger today. 

Unfortunately this is why (via translation) he came off.

"Next change for the Wolves: #Diabate gets ready and replaces #Kennedy. Who has to leave the field due to pain."

So sad. All the best to Scott. 

21 hours ago, Kadenge said:

I don't think he was even on the bench last game? So to start him in a key match in his first game back is a good sign. Wouldn't have expected him to go the full 90. Hopefully it's just being cautious after a long injury.

In their OS' match report, they make special mention him starting and them scoring from a rebound of his shot but don't mention him coming off at all.  

https://rzpelletswac.at/2024/05/05/sieg-im-laendle-2/

3 hours ago, Nate3322 said:

The Wolfsberger forums mentioned that it was cramps that forced Kennedy off rather than an actual injury. They probably didn't want to play him the full match anyways as he's just coming back from injury

Good news. The Austrian Bundesliga ends in early June. If he plays every game going forward, he could be selected for a LB spot if Adekugbe & Laryea are out. He has played there at club and for Canada previously.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Great news to see him get another start:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C61Kx6VtMZ-/

Free on OneFootball if you are not otherwise busy. 

https://onefootball.com/en/match/2495182

Looks like he's playing left wingback?

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

Posted (edited)

Went 90' playing mostly wide left and picked up a yellow at the very end.  Honestly a very silly play given the circumstances and could have been a red.  Chasing a poor touch. 

But watched the last 30 minutes or so.  Interesting.

Top two teams in the relegation league*, at Wien.  Kennedy's WAC won 0-4 with 34% possesion.  The part I saw was just them doing the hosts on the break.

The funnest part was the Wien coach who had been sent off, popping up all over the stadium.  Behind the bench, in the press box and on the stairs talking (arguing?) with fans. 

90' at the end of the day.

Edit - *- Top two spots get you a place in the Conference League playoffs?

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

2 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

Does Kennedy get back into the 23 man squad? With no Laryea or Adekugbe we don't have much depth there.

Let's hope Biello included him in the extended squad for Copa!

2 hours ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

I forget, has he played actual leftback.

Yes for club. I think he may have played LB as well for Canada vs Suriname or/and Haiti in WCQ, but not 100% sure.

16 minutes ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

Taking into account that Scott was one of the fastest players in Bundesliga 2 and his unfortunate penchant for getting injured, does he still have a place in our NT setup.  He is 27 and 6'3".  Fun fact:  His middle name is Fitzgerald.

If he gets called to Copa America and dies well, do we start calling him the "Great Gatsby"?

6 minutes ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

Taking into account that Scott was one of the fastest players in Bundesliga 2 and his unfortunate penchant for getting injured, does he still have a place in our NT setup.  He is 27 and 6'3".  Fun fact:  His middle name is Fitzgerald.

He looks like a Fitzgerald.

In my opinion I don't think we can't afford to ignore a 27 year old, 6'3 player with 14 caps, but it kind of reminds me of James a bit, injuries aside.

James was our fastest CB at one time, and he's also 6'3 with roughly the same number of caps. When Herdman came in, he was in his mid-twenties, like Kennedy, and was given a single chance before being ignored, so given the similarities maybe we do move on from Kennedy....will certainly be interesting. 

Aside:

I now started to wonder if Kennedy and Marsch ever crossed paths in Austria or Germany, but Scott was in the 2nd division of Austria while Marsch was at Salzburg in the 1st division. Same basic scenario when both moved to Germany at roughly the same time.

A quick look reveals that Kennedy never played Leipzig in the DFB Pokal (though he did play Werder Bremen). And in the Austrian equivalent, the OFB Cup, he never did play Salzburg, though he did play teams like LASK and Sturm Graz. 

5 minutes ago, Obinna said:

He looks like a Fitzgerald.

In my opinion I don't think we can't afford to ignore a 27 year old, 6'3 player with 14 caps, but it kind of reminds me of James a bit, injuries aside.

James was our fastest CB at one time, and he's also 6'3 with roughly the same number of caps. When Herdman came in, he was in his mid-twenties, like Kennedy, and was given a single chance before being ignored, so given the similarities maybe we do move on from Kennedy....will certainly be interesting. 

Aside:

I now started to wonder if Kennedy and Marsch ever crossed paths in Austria or Germany, but Scott was in the 2nd division of Austria while Marsch was at Salzburg in the 1st division. Same basic scenario when both moved to Germany at roughly the same time.

A quick look reveals that Kennedy never played Leipzig in the DFB Pokal (though he did play Werder Bremen). And in the Austrian equivalent, the OFB Cup, he never did play Salzburg, though he did play teams like LASK and Sturm Graz. 

If I am understanding their system, he should have two more games, maybe 3.  Which is good. 

They are at the top of the Relegation group and can't finish lower than second after the final game this weekend.  First and second play off, the winner plays the fourth place team from the Championship group. The winner of that gets Conference league.