Stephen Eustaquio

1 minute ago, lowlander said:

Announcers I am listening to are saying the ref was wrong on the initial yellow.

Ya I agree it was a little harsh. Didn't look like there were studs in the tackle and not much contact. The second yellow is weak though. Wasn't even directed at the ref so I don't know why he took so much offence.

https://www.ojogo.pt/futebol/1a-liga/porto/noticias/sergio-conceicao-e-as-expulsoes-no-final-nao-vi-nada-estava-a-falar-com-o-eustaquio--14608190.html

Apparently there were some arguments at the end of the game which ended up in some red cards for some members of the training staff for both teams. When asked, the Porto coach said he was busy speaking to Eustaquio and didn't see anything.

Possibly getting him ready to start the next game?? 👀

Edited by imoffside

Not worried about Stephen. He doesn't strike me as the kind of person who'll let his level drop if he isn't starting games. He's had a lot of challenges thrown in his path throughout his career so far, and he always comes out a better player because of them. Breaking into, and becoming a regular for Porto is just another. Competition for places at big clubs will always be fierce, hell, the fact he is getting minutes off the bench at all is good.

Just to add, I don't think he was playing bad at all. Gil Vicente got an early red which meant Porto have been on the attack most of the time but haven't been able to create much. Eustaquio came off for another attacker so looks like Porto's coach wants more attacking options would be my best guess. Still though, kind of a bizarre decision since its too early to go all out attack imo