Stephen Eustaquio

55 minutes ago, lamptern said:

Bonus Spin-Off Episode :  "CanMNTonly vs. ThomasNef" 

On tweeter only. 

That guy needs to chill. Could not have come across more conceited in his “I’m right he was wrong and I’m offended I was right” rant even though everyone was right to a certain degree at this point. Made himself look like a donut going after Nef like that too, not a classy look. Congrats kid, you looked at some flights from Lisbon

2 hours ago, cornerkick said:

i can't recall where i heard this, but i think match fitness refers more to game speed reactions, awareness, anticipating plays, movements, etc and stuff which generally is difficult to simulate (?).  and this is separate from physical fitness...

i guess the idea is a player would be able to perform those things at their highest level if they are playing on a regular basis...

someone correct me if i'm totally off here...

okay, semantics aside, I hope he is physically fit and recovered, and that he had very mild covid symptoms, or was asymptomatic so that if not tomorrow, then at least Wednesday he is fully ready to go.

I think if he hasn't trained in a week he would not be ready. 

If he had Covid but was able to keep up fitness, that is another thing. But normally you'd want him to have a full session at least, that is pretty standard. 

I suppose we were at the pitch this afternoon? And that subs and unused last day trained full out?

Would much prefer to have him start, but fully fit, not a weakened version, we can't afford that. Now if he could put in 30 minutes as a sub, that'd be great. 

2 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I think if he hasn't trained in a week he would not be ready. 

If he had Covid but was able to keep up fitness, that is another thing. But normally you'd want him to have a full session at least, that is pretty standard. 

I suppose we were at the pitch this afternoon? And that subs and unused last day trained full out?

Would much prefer to have him start, but fully fit, not a weakened version, we can't afford that. Now if he could put in 30 minutes as a sub, that'd be great. 

Yeah, I am now of the mind that having him on the bench tomorrow to come on for Kaye or Fraser is a good idea. 

6 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Based on what I have seen with the Nats, he is one of the fittest guys we have.  It seems like some of our guys have as much gas in the 90th minute as the first - Johnston, Laryea and Staq are the ones that always seem to stand out for me.  If I was betting on it, I would say he starts.  

Last match was one of the few times Johnston seemed to be struggling late. If you see him in the celebration after David's goal he looks pretty gassed. There wasn't a lot of action down his side in the second half so it wasn't that evident in his play.

Edited by jonovision

10 minutes ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

I hope this is a surprise we're not expecting and not Nef excited to be right vs random CanMNT twitter acct

The only way that this dude can redeem him self is if one of Mitrović, Jebbison, Flores or Corbeanu walk through that door tmrw!

Edited by Vasi

26 minutes ago, Vasi said:

The only way that this dude can redeem him self is if one of Mitrović, Jebbison, Flores or Corbeanu walk through that door tmrw!

He’s had a bad week getting called out by Hume as well. Maybe someone’s gonna file a one time switch

10 hours ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

I hope this is a surprise we're not expecting and not Nef excited to be right vs random CanMNT twitter acct

Maybe he wants to redeem himself for getting stack wrong? So hes releasing a bombshell to reinstate his name

1 hour ago, QBCS said:

Maybe he wants to redeem himself for getting stack wrong? So hes releasing a bombshell to reinstate his name

That’s the weird part for me.  Unless there actually is a bombshell, this looks really odd.  And what could the bombshell be?  The Staq news is old so if it is just that he is actually playing then it isn’t a big scoop.   And there is no buzz about some surprise dual.   Just seems odd to me. 

2 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

That’s the weird part for me.  Unless there actually is a bombshell, this looks really odd.  And what could the bombshell be?  The Staq news is old so if it is just that he is actually playing then it isn’t a big scoop.   And there is no buzz about some surprise dual.   Just seems odd to me. 

He could just mean a decisive Canada victory!

12 minutes ago, narduch said:

Lol so he probably isn't in Canada if thats the case 

He may have trained Friday, you never know when the story was written. 

In any case, from what the US press say, they are somewhat fearful of Eustaquio, they would adjust their tactics for him and probably key on him if he were playing. I have the sense the Mexicans did so at Azteca as well, will have to watch that another time. If the US don't see Stephen, they would feel they could dominate the midfield.

This is the question: with both Davies and Stephan, the opposition adjusts and you have an advantage as they are more worried about you than you about them. Without them, rival tactics are bolder. I think Tajon garners a similar respect, but after all, for the US he's just a good young MLSer, they won't be awed.

The report said he trained Saturday morning.

Remember that a direct flight from Lisbon to Toronto only takes “3 hrs” due to the time zone difference.

It’s very possible that he could train in the morning and land in Toronto that same night. 

Edited by Acid-Tone

2 minutes ago, Acid-Tone said:

Remember that a direct flight from Lisbon to Toronto only takes “3 hrs” due to the time zone difference.

It’s very possible that he could train in the morning and land in Toronto that same night. 

Thats good news that he trained yesterday. He should be fit today. The travel sucks of course but I think he'll be ready to go

31 minutes ago, Acid-Tone said:

How early is Porto running training that Eustaquio could make a 1040 am flight in Lisbon that also requires a 1 hour connecting flight from Oporto?