Stephen Eustaquio

• 2 weeks later...

Euataquio has played every minute so far and the team has 3 wins from 3 games, but they havet looked great. Their first game they came behind to win 2-1. Next game they scored a stoppage time goal to also win 2-1. Then this week they scored 2 stoppage time goals to again win 2-1. Very excited to see where they end up in the Champions league draw this week.

1 hour ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Champions League group opponents

Barcelona

Shakhtar Donetsk 

Royal Antwerp 

Certainly can get out of there. 

Decent group. Should get out in 2nd but potential for them to slip up if they don't handle business. Hard to see Barca not taking maximum points from Shakhtar and Antwerp so they'll have to match that to avoid putting advancement at risk.

2 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Decent group. Should get out in 2nd but potential for them to slip up if they don't handle business. Hard to see Barca not taking maximum points from Shakhtar and Antwerp so they'll have to match that to avoid putting advancement at risk.

We've been knocked out of the group stage two years running. Last year it was Benfica. 

So we're all expectant. 

I'm hoping to see Staq when he comes to Barcelona (was at the Dragao stadium on Tuesday and this morning was the Braga stadium where Madrid will go).

20 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

We've been knocked out of the group stage two years running. Last year it was Benfica. 

So we're all expectant. 

I'm hoping to see Staq when he comes to Barcelona (was at the Dragao stadium on Tuesday and this morning was the Braga stadium where Madrid will go).

btw 16 yr old Lamine Yamal is quite the player. He was a stand out vs Villarreal

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

So we're all expectant. 

Love Braga Stadium

3 hours ago, Obinna said:

It's only Barca so they should top the group.

4 hours ago, johnyb said:

Love Braga Stadium

Thing is, they don't let you see it up close in detail, on the outside, except on tours. And games. Today I tried but they were stubborn, it's also a great piece of architecture, built with public funds, and should be accessible. 

They're just finishing a new club office building as well, also a nice building. 

1 minute ago, king1010 said:
27 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Off at half, anyone know why?

Tactical change

I think this is it. It was 0-0 at half and Porto hadn't mustered a single SOG. A lot of fans on X are upset with the performances and are calling out Stacks, Galeno, Pepe and others. 

Frankly, I think the Porto fan reactions are overblown. Many people are saying Stacks, Galeno and TAREMI need to go. It's crazy. The team is currently third with three wins and one draw this season. Look, I didn't watch the game, but it obviously went sideways today. It's one game. From what I'm reading, these fans are way over the top. 

Edited by DeRo_Is_King