Stephen Eustaquio

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, h coach said:

That was such a beautiful sight when it happened and then he put a perfect ball onto the head of David who should have scored to tie it up.  If only, things might have been very different for us at the World Cup.  I remember being in the stadium feeling that elation to see it unfolding, followed by the despair when David missed.

2 hours ago, h coach said:

Ive heard nutmeg comes from the days of the spice trade. In a large shipment of nutmeg, some of the containers would be filled with cheaper items compared to nutmeg. Therefore, the purchaser was made to look foolish just like when a player puts the ball between another players legs. 

3 hours ago, h coach said:

This reminds me that Nostradamus walks among us...

In the Gameday prediction contest thread prior to the Canada-Belgium match, @superstarss wrote: "Eustaquio nutmegs De Bruyne"

Edited by Treppy2

Just now, InglewoodJack said:

I wonder what Porto does next year with their midfield. They have like 6 starting quality MFs and constantly bench and really good players. Not a bad problem to have, but I feel like benching one of Grujic and Eustaquio every single game isn’t the best asset management.

I've heard Uribe is probably leaving

7 minutes ago, PiedPilko said:

I've heard Uribe is probably leaving

That would make sense, he’s getting older.

Their midfield is insane: Galeno-Otavio-Uribe-Pepe-Grujic-Eustaquio. Hard to beat that kind of depth. I hope Eustaquio gets his shot at being a permanent starter, he’s earned it. 

If you've been following you'll have seen that Porto seem to want to make a run for the league, you can see by the celebrations and reactions they are getting hyped about it.

After being well back all year, they are now within range, and the schedule could favour them. If they win today that puts them even in games and 4 back with 4 matches to go. Benfica still has to play Braga, who are second and six back, and then Sporting away, while Porto has none of the hardest teams pending (Arouca is fifth but are historically not dangerous). 

27 minutes ago, QBCS said:

How's staq been? haven't heard much. Has he fallen back to the bench?

They were up a goal and playing a second leg at home, it was logical to not play all starters. Then they got behind and Famalicao had it tied after 90.

Saw the highlights. One Porto goal looked like the purest of theatrical dives leading to a penalty call.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist