Stephen Eustaquio

5 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Stayed that way, scoreless. Porto playing vs. ten-man Casa Pia, a team from Lisbon, who are fifth in the table.

Porto are now third in the table, out of a direct Champions League spot, we'll see how patient they are with the league looking lost.

Sporting on 28 points I would say are out of it. Porto I wouldn't say quite yet, but things are beginning to look a tad grim with that result. They had a game in hand on Benfica and could have closed the gap to 5 points. Now they are 7 points away.

I don't think that's something they can't come back from, but Benfica is firing on all cylinders right now and Porto will basically have to be flawless, while Benfica will need to stumble a bit. Braga is also in this race too, let's not forget. I believe they remain a point above Porto with the dropped points today by Eustaquio's side. 

On 12/28/2022 at 3:31 PM, InglewoodJack said:

Back on the bench for Porto tonight against Arouca.

Hosting Arouca again.

The coach said that he would field exactly the same starting XI as their last match against Arouca so Eustáquio is on the bench again.

You can't argue with 5-1 I guess!

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

9 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Hosting Arouca again.

The coach said that he would field exactly the same starting XI as their last match against Arouca so Eustáquio is on the bench again.

You can't argue with 5-1 I guess!

There’s a league game on Sunday too. Hopefully that means he’s back in the starting lineup then.

The guy cannot stop scoring. What a season he's having. I believe that's 6 goals in all comps, and we are still in January. Not bad for a player who many consider to be a defensive midfielder. Truth is, Eustaquio is the definition of a complete midfielder, it just so happens that he can play the 6 very well.  

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

Subbed out after 60 following a goal and a yellow card.  Hope it was just precautionary and not aggravating the injury he had.  

I think they just wanted to cycle the roster because they knew the game was won. The guy who replaced him is an 18 year old, similar to how Lille was playing their young striker a few months ago.

Also, 6 goals in 25 games for a mid is… kinda insane? He has 3 goals for Canada and had 4 for club before this year. He’s one goal away from equalizing his career total in just one season, one in which he didn’t start as a starter.

at this point, not sure what more to say about him. What a player.

7 hours ago, An Observer said:

Clearly you haven't seen this one...

https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1999158851645/

5 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I'd actually posted the same thing, then eliminated.

But anyone posting such things doesn't watch football, obviously.

What? Obviously you two don't have patrician taste in fine goals. That is the most beautiful goal I've ever seen.