Stephen Eustaquio

1 hour ago, jhoops__ said:

I don’t think there’s anything to it.  He was at the match yesterday so if it was even half serious I doubt he would have travelled yesterday.  

I originally thought it was something from practice in isolation, but then I read this tweet, which is concerning that he felt something warming up for the game post training.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TSNScianitti/status/1593275192008220673?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

1 hour ago, thehabsfan said:

I’m going to be an optimist and suggest that this is just Herdman playing mind games with Belgium.

If true, there is equal chance that the mind games might be that the situation for at least one of them is much worse.

Edited by trc2014

11 minutes ago, trc2014 said:

https://www.tsn.ca/soccer/canada-hurting-ahead-of-world-cup-opener-in-qatar-against-no-2-belgium-1.1880553

"If there's not a starting position, I'm sure he'll be coming off the bench. But there's no guarantees Stephen Eustaquio will start against Belgium at this point."

sounds alittle better than Joshua’s tweet.

Herdman's comments on all three players are also far more positive than either the headline or Davidson's describing his comments as "bleak" would suggest. I would describe the news that Senegal supporters got about Mane's health as bleak, rather than this stuff about players coming off the bench in the opener against Belgium or them holding out players from practice as precautionary.

3 hours ago, Sal333 said:

But I read that The Stache and Milan didn't practice. That's taking the mind games a little too far, don't you think?

For Argentina, Messi and a few others only went out to practice after the official practice. With no press present. But they practiced. So dozens of journalists started speculating about Messi. 

Point is, it is not necessary to practice with the group if, like Eustaquio, you've been playing twice a week. You have to get fit first. With Davies, more of the same, if you saw that pic of him a few days ago in Munich, he was in a fully extended shooting gesture. So I think there may be something there: they've been saying for months that they've been working on how to maximise our advantages and minimise our disadvantages for this first match.

9 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

For Argentina, Messi and a few others only went out to practice after the official practice. With no press present. But they practiced. So dozens of journalists started speculating about Messi. 

Point is, it is not necessary to practice with the group if, like Eustaquio, you've been playing twice a week. You have to get fit first. With Davies, more of the same, if you saw that pic of him a few days ago in Munich, he was in a fully extended shooting gesture. So I think there may be something there: they've been saying for months that they've been working on how to maximise our advantages and minimise our disadvantages for this first match.

Hope you're right because I'm on record saying we'll get out of the group. This week has me spooked. With Borjan, Stache, and Phonzy out, even a fan with rose-coloured glasses like myself will start to have doubts.

2 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

Herdman's comments on all three players are also far more positive than either the headline or Davidson's describing his comments as "bleak" would suggest. I would describe the news that Senegal supporters got about Mane's health as bleak, rather than this stuff about players coming off the bench in the opener against Belgium or them holding out players from practice as precautionary.

Seeing "bleak" in the headline compels people to read the article immediately which increases the author's ratings. This is effective journalism by Davidson who wants as many readers as possible.

9 minutes ago, Stoppage Time said:

Seeing "bleak" in the headline compels people to read the article immediately which increases the author's ratings. This is effective journalism by Davidson who wants as many readers as possible.

I mean, all you did was just explain clickbait.  Many find it an annoying tactic.