Stephen Eustaquio

I’m watching the game on DAZN and at the beginning it looked like Eustaquio was with the keeper captain of Porto.  I wonder if it’s because the keeper doesn’t speak good enough English so Eustaquio had to take the instructions back to the rest of the team.

And yes, B/G is the model for how you make a pretty small provincial club into a powerhouse.  I don’t know where their manager Kjetil Knutsen winds up but it took some balls to refuse to leave the Arctic Circle for the Ajax job.

21 minutes ago, cronaldo7 said:

Eustáquio starting for Porto.

Childhood friend is in Porto for vacation (he’s not a footy fan whatsoever). Told him that he has to check out the match and explained about how Porto has a Canadian on their team. 

He’s at the match and even ended up purchasing a jersey. 

0c2f4aed-a474-48ce-ae6d-ef090c3acc05.jpeg

Hopefully he's enjoying a SUPER BOCK or two.

Fun game btw, bad defending/goalkeeping on both sides. Staq so-so.

24 minutes ago, cronaldo7 said:

Eustáquio starting for Porto.

Childhood friend is in Porto for vacation (he’s not a footy fan whatsoever). Told him that he has to check out the match and explained about how Porto has a Canadian on their team. 

He’s at the match and even ended up purchasing a jersey. 

0c2f4aed-a474-48ce-ae6d-ef090c3acc05.jpeg

You're a good friend!

Porto is my favorite team in Portugal! Last week, I ordered the Canada Soccer white jersey 21/22. I flocked Eustaquio #7.

Ready to be signed by Eustaquio on October 9th!

Screenshot_20241003_154340_EditorLite.thumb.jpg.f9fd415d85bed481bf52ac8f956a1832.jpg

He just sprung Pepe in transition up the right who centres and Samu gets his brace, lethal striker really thriving at Porto. So they come back from 0-2 and it's 3-2.

I listened to Man Utd radio first half, he seemed like he was doing well, and this 2nd half he's moving nicely, I would even say there are some coaching changes about how he moves. But later...

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

16 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

Porto's new 20 yr old striker has 2 goals, the last a blistering finish. Porto up 3-2

Samu Omorodian was born to Nigerian parents in the Spanish enclave in Africa, Melilla, then grew up in the Granada system. They sold him just a year ago to Atlético, who loaned him out to Alavés. He won gold with Spain this summer at Paris. Atlético abandoned him and sold him for a bit of a profit to Porto, who are going to make a major windfall in a few years because he's on fire. 

5 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Samu Omorodian was born to Nigerian parents in the Spanish enclave in Africa, Melilla, then grew up in the Granada system. They sold him just a year ago to Atlético, who loaned him out to Alavés. He won gold with Spain this summer at Paris. Atlético abandoned him and sold him for a bit of a profit to Porto, who are going to make a major windfall in a few years because he's on fire. 

Atletico may regret making that transfer. For a 6'4" striker who is built like  a linebacker, he is pacey and very coordinated. Staq just subbed out at about 77'

25 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

6’4 striker 20 year old crushing it at a top Portugal club. That’s a $100M man right there. His numbers at Alaves last year look quite solid for a 19 year old. What a dumb move by Atletico.

15 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

6’4 striker 20 year old crushing it at a top Portugal club. That’s a $100M man right there. His numbers at Alaves last year look quite solid for a 19 year old. What a dumb move by Atletico.

No patience, and no commitment to a purchase of a young talent, which is really poor. I'f I'm not mistaken they maybe made 6-7 million euros. And even more so for a Spanish team that knows that Spanish youth produces talent. They just figured, okay, Sorloth, scored 20+ get him, who cares about bringing up someone through the system.

Real Madrid aren't great, but Atlético can be terrible at times, even Espanyol has a better academy. Years ago Atlético even killed their academy, it was all speculation on buying from elsehwhere and money laundering.

Porto have a new president, Villa-Boas, then they hired Zubizaretta the Barça keeper from the 90s who at least believes in youth. And they put in last year's assistant as coach, spending relatively little. They could improve pieces; for me it is a drop off from the better French teams, for example. It is not a great team, a bit flat, not too inspired, but I find it better organized and they play properly, making Manchester Utd look like the average team they are.

1 minute ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

No patience, and no commitment to a purchase of a young talent, which is really poor. I'f I'm not mistaken they maybe made 6-7 million euros. And even more so for a Spanish team that knows that Spanish youth produces talent. They just figured, okay, Sorloth, scored 20+ get him, who cares about bringing up someone through the system.

Real Madrid aren't great, but Atlético can be terrible at times, even Espanyol has a better academy. Years ago Atlético even killed their academy, it was all speculation on buying from elsehwhere and money laundering.

Porto have a new president, Villa-Boas, then they hired Zubizaretta the Barça keeper from the 90s who at least believes in youth. And they put in last year's assistant as coach, spending relatively little. They could improve pieces; for me it is a drop off from the better French teams, for example. It is not a great team, a bit flat, not too inspired, but I find it better organized and they play properly, making Manchester Utd look like the average team they are.

8 goals in La Liga last year. 2 against Barcelona, 2 against Villarreal, 2000 minutes and only turned 20 in May, so almost all of that was as a teenager. Just complete mismanagement, not like he came out of nowhere.

In any case, it’s refreshing to see Steph have a good game. Seems like ages ago that Porto brought him in, didn’t play much, then suddenly he’s cast into these champions league games and does quite well for himself. 

Just looked back at his career with Porto, can’t believe he’s in his 4th season with them. He was brought in right after his 24th birthday, forgot how young he was. I swear, he’s been 27 years old in my head for about 5 years now. 

2 hours ago, FaNAtiC_eh said:

What an absolute bonkers of a game!  Man U scores 2 goals in 1st half, only to give up that lead then at the 90th+ mins, “the savior” Harry McGuire levels it up. Nuts!

Our boy, Eustaquio played sensibly and smartly as usual.  Made some interceptions and critical blocks but mostly somewhat understated performance.  They play 433 with him playing the RM but unusually fairly up the pitch.  Asked some of the local fans about him and while they think he’s a starting material but doesn’t rate him that high.  

IMG_2811.jpeg

17 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

8 goals in La Liga last year. 2 against Barcelona, 2 against Villarreal, 2000 minutes and only turned 20 in May, so almost all of that was as a teenager. Just complete mismanagement, not like he came out of nowhere.

In any case, it’s refreshing to see Steph have a good game. Seems like ages ago that Porto brought him in, didn’t play much, then suddenly he’s cast into these champions league games and does quite well for himself. 

Just looked back at his career with Porto, can’t believe he’s in his 4th season with them. He was brought in right after his 24th birthday, forgot how young he was. I swear, he’s been 27 years old in my head for about 5 years now. 

Small correction: he was brought in after his 25th birthday.