Stephen Eustaquio

7 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Anyone notice that the flurry of @ahmedou posts coincides with the absence of the typical @TGAA_Star flurry? Coincidence? 

I mean I think it is definitely just a coincidence because a flurry can happen to anyone but when you think about it, it can’t be a coincidence because nothing is ever just a flurry or a coincidence. 

1 hour ago, jdheid said:

Not that one has anything to do with the other, but nice that the brothers can spend some time together after the tragic year they've had losing both parents in pretty short order.

Canada Soccer is their second family 🇨🇦❤️🤍

1 hour ago, jdheid said:

Not that one has anything to do with the other, but nice that the brothers can spend some time together after the tragic year they've had losing both parents in pretty short order.

On 10/25/2017 at 12:10 AM, Bison44 said:

Ughhh is this another Julian/John DeGuzman situation we have going on??  Older brother chooses canada, younger brother is better and he choses another country??  

Not a whole bunch but it is funny reading the first page of this thread. Alot has changed in seven years

• 3 weeks later...

I see their new signing the Spain youth international Omorodian scored twice. I am really surprised he clicked so quickly, he's a pretty classic big striker. Just turned 20, won gold at Paris.

I think Staq made the first pass for his second, went to another player who sprung Omorodian free. Kid came up through the Granada academy, was bought by At Madrid who just sold him to Oporto, good signing.

22 minutes ago, frattinator said:

I have the Europa League game against Bodo on Paramount+ while working, and the announcer has probably the worst pronunciation of Eustaquio ("U-stat-quote") I've ever heard in my life. I wouldn't have known he was in the game if I only listened to the match. 

Ha, I was going to post the same thing, and from what I've seen (on CBSSN) he seems reluctant to say his name when he has the ball.  What I hear is ESTA-quo.  Quo pronounced as in the famed British group Status Quo or "The Quo"  :) 

I agree, I would have never recognized the name if I didn't know his team was playing and I was looking for him.

10 minutes ago, El Diego said:

Not Eustaquio related but the referee just sent off a Bodo/Glimt player for diving. Really obvious dive on the replay but some stones to actually produce the cards so confidently.

And now Bodo scored while being a man down. Porto are losing 3-1

23 minutes ago, Mihairokov said:

> Team playing at a northern latitude in cold(er) conditions on artificial turf beating a top team in continental competition

Really makes you think

I agree, but Bodo is really killing it in Norway and did last year too, though not as much. So an impressive team to put together I'd say, credit to the entire club.