Stephen Eustaquio

8 hours ago, canadasoccer20 said:

I never get emotional about the personal lives of players. But what Eustaquio has gone through in the last couple years and only in his mid-20s is a lot. Losing both parents during dream tournaments in your career, it has to be a complete rollercoaster. And out of everyone, at least at Copa, Staq has performed better than most of our guys. Such a solid mind. All I can say, as a fan, is thank you for keeping it together. 

Another great example of Eustaquio’s leadership.

https://www.instagram.com/stories/stepheustaquio/3398643594933241606?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igsh=bWJjZTcxMjB0dzRu

It’s an IG story so it will disappear but for context.  Davies posted a picture on his IG of him and Eustaquio together on the field yesterday during the game and tagged Stephen.  Eustaquio reposted the story to his IG and wrote “Capitano 🇨🇦” in reference to Davies being our new captain.

Edited by Corazon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I understand there could be family considerations, and of course if the money is significantly better than elsewhere I can't begrudge him. But from a career perspective MLS would be a terrible move and would be detrimental to the CMNT. Like Bradley leaving Roma for TFC, followed by the US missing the next WC.

Edited by Watchmen

18 minutes ago, Watchmen said:

I understand there could be family considerations, and of course if the money is significantly better than elsewhere I can't begrudge him. But from a career perspective MLS would be a terrible move and would be detrimental to the CMNT. Like Bradley leaving Roma for TFC, followed the US missing the next WC.

That’s actually a perfect example - same age relatively as well. Bradley got 7 million ten years ago but I somehow feel Staq would struggle to get that. 

On 7/18/2024 at 8:00 PM, Watchmen said:

I understand there could be family considerations, and of course if the money is significantly better than elsewhere I can't begrudge him. But from a career perspective MLS would be a terrible move and would be detrimental to the CMNT. Like Bradley leaving Roma for TFC, followed by the US missing the next WC.

I don't think the USMNT missing 2018 is solely on Bradley going to TFC, if at all for that matter. MLS is fine, especially for a guy like Staq who is fully developed in his mid 20s. The CMNT played their best game against Uruguay with a majority MLS lineup so this argument doesn't hold weight anymore.

Edited by Macksam

4 hours ago, Macksam said:

I don't think the USMNT missing 2018 is solely on Bradley going to TFC, if at all for that matter. MLS is fine, especially for a guy like Staq who is fully developed in his mid 20s. The CMNT played their best game against Uruguay with a majority MLS lineup so this argument doesn't hold weight anymore.

Makes for a nice narrative, though.

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Came on at ‘64, Porto scored twice in 2 minutes to tie it up, he gets an assist on the third goal.

Saw that, good for him. It somewhat vindicates him, though I'm not watching.

Porto has a new president, new coach, new sporting manager, but much of the roster is the same, good pieces are out, a lot is unimproved, I am a bit surprised by how they are putting together their "better" formula for this year. 

He was the last player to re-join the squad after the international tournaments, yet out all players Porto had join late because the Euros/Copa, he was only 1 of 2 to play yesterday (Diogo Costa, the GK, being the other). The others, Evanilson, Pepe, F. Conceicao, Wendell, are all important players but were not even included on the bench.

Hoping this is a good sign the new coach rates him highly