Stephen Eustaquio

5 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Little detail: the ref is Portuguese and they know each other from Portugal league play. I don't mind if a captain can banter in a ref's native tongue.

Planned?  I would think so.

5 minutes ago, masster said:

If I am not mistaken...both his parents recently passed away, his brother works in Toronto as an assistant coach...there could be other considerations at play here.

And that's assuming the report is even true.

1 hour ago, kacbru said:

Going just of the headline - it says he is highly regarded by MLS clubs.  Yeah, well, he's also highly regarded by me and I run my over-35 club.  Doesn't mean he is going to play with the Northern Relics.

Would be a good signing tbf, how much do you think you could get him on per week?

I would assume the report is true, he is indeed a player who would appeal to a lot of MLS teams, he’d be one of the best CMs in the league. Herdman would probably move mountains to grab him. I think he’s lived most of his like in Portugal though, would assume he still has a starting spot somewhere in their league. 

After 2026 please. We need more of our players and especially our starters at top leagues. We had a glimpse of what it takes to compete with top teams and  our players need that  level of competition at their clubs. Staq is a key player for us and possible captain. From a footballing perspective it would be a very disappointing move.

9 hours ago, masster said:

If I am not mistaken...both his parents recently passed away, his brother works in Toronto as an assistant coach...there could be other considerations at play here. GB on

That's true, but his wife is from the Lisbon area, has a local fashion business and they just had a kid. I appreciate young families prefer to be near the mother's parents quite often. 

I suspect he's not making much more than half a million euros, as DP I'm MLS he'd warrant 1.5 USD I'd say. 

With the new president at Porto and Zubizarreta as sporting manager, they may be shifting things around. I've heard rumours about mids Zubi might know from Spain, but they don't seem like challenges to Staq.

It's silly season, folks.

Need more than one fan site's musing to get me worried.

11 hours ago, narduch said:

I am more worried about new trend  of oversaturating the colour on every football photo lately. Everyone looks like they are in the early stage of a disease or just don't know how to wash their face completely.

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

8 hours ago, Jack1997 said:

Would be a good signing tbf, how much do you think you could get him on per week?

I could shout him a pie and a pint in the clubrooms after every game (at member prices) - I'm not rolling in it.

1 minute ago, narduch said:

Apparently TFC are trying to aquire him once Laryea's cap hit goes down

That'd be bittersweet as a TFC and Canada fan but don't know how they'd still be able to fix the striker crisis.