Stephen Eustaquio

1 hour ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

There is some kind of rumour that he actually won't play in the Gold Cup?

His pre-season actually begins on July 7th

https://www.record.pt/futebol/futebol-nacional/liga-bwin/fc-porto/amp/operacao-benfica-arranca-no-olival-no-dia-7-de-julho

Doesn't seem to say that in the article as far as I can tell? Sounds like they're singling him out as someone who will arrive late.

2 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

There is some kind of rumour that he actually won't play in the Gold Cup?

His pre-season actually begins on July 7th

https://www.record.pt/futebol/futebol-nacional/liga-bwin/fc-porto/amp/operacao-benfica-arranca-no-olival-no-dia-7-de-julho

They start 7 July, they say that Canada making the final would be busy until the 17th, and that the coach is prepping them for the SuperCup vs. Benfica. Which is on 8 August by the way. There is no problem with the timeline, don't think.

1 hour ago, InglewoodJack said:

Yeah unless my translator is severely broken, the article says he might come into camp late because players playing internationally are given a few extra days off. 

On FB someone is saying they are friends with a family friend and are hearing he isn’t going to play.

26 minutes ago, trc2014 said:

Don’t see him in the training footage.  Not a good sign.

I don't recall seeing Loturi either, but may have to watch again and actually look out for him. 

A lot of that video was attackers doing a shooting drill. Looks like the defenders may have have been in the background doing their own drill. Perhaps he was there? (grasping for straws, admittedly).

Edit - upon further review, Loturi is indeed there. 

Edited by Obinna

13 minutes ago, MauditYvon said:

Decent? For our group yes, for QF against Jamaica/USA I’m not so sure.

It puts us into underdog status for sure, but I still think we should have a punchers chance. Oso, Hoilett, Richie, Miller, Vitoria, Cavallini and Millar are a good core. Nelson's talent will help and maybe Loturi, Schaffleburg, Brym and JRR will step up and help. 

Big loss here for us.  It really hurts our chances more than some may believe.  If nothing else, his passing decision making, possession maintenance, and positional savvy lessens the likelihood of midfield turnovers and breakdowns leading to counterattacks by the less fancied opponents who will be sitting back in some form of block.

He will be missed, I really rate him as a player and believe he has had a major role in moving our program forward from also rans to a team to be reckoned with! He reads the game so well, provides excellent defensive support and is able to transition defensive possession to attack very quickly! In saying all this it is extremely important to see who can step up because Eustaquio will not always be available playing a heavy European club schedule!

9 hours ago, Floortom said:

Looks like a ton of tickets still available...rain in the forecast, tuesday night, terrible opponent, a very poor Canadian roster. TBH i have tickets and am not particularly interested

Ouch those ticket prices killed it