Stephen Eustaquio

McKennie is definitely more talented than Adams, but Adams is doing more with less, if you know what I mean. 

As for the debate, much as I love Steph, 3rd in Concacaf is maybe a bit much. Perhaps on current form we could make that argument. He's having himself a season at Porto. 7 goals from midfield, doing it in the league and the Champions League, scored the winner in the Portuguese Leagues Cup, etc. Lozano is having a pretty good time with Napoli right now and he could make a legit claim to be the third best CONCACAF player this season. 

If we are just talking midfielders, I think Steph honestly has a good argument for best in the region at the moment

He's definitely solidified himself in top 10 (all positions) in CONCACAF at this point.  I have always rated Eustaquio highly but he has already surpassed my expectations.  Had he stayed with Portugal, he would undoubtedly be considered for Portugal's national program.  Probably wouldn't be a regular call up or receive regular playing time with the Portugal program but he would definitely be considered one of the domestic based players on the program.

I'd be happy if he stayed with Porto but the more I watch him, the more I believe he can move to a higher level.

Edited by Corazon

Surprised they took him off in the 70 minute, as he was perhaps the only Porto player that was trying smart and creative plays. Lots of stupid or wrong decision making by his teammates. And I see that Osorio’s younger brother Bastoni just went off injured 

Just now, InglewoodJack said:

Feel like McKennie is their Tajon. Technically, he should be better, but whether he’s actually that good is another story. I was surprised they loaned him out to Leeds.

There is a purchase option for like 40M euros, so I think this is an "EPL has stupid money" situation with McKennie and Leeds. Juventus obviously are the bigger and richer club, but they are probably happy to double their money on Weston!

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

Lozano is having a pretty good time with Napoli right now and he could make a legit claim to be the third best CONCACAF player this season

Only 6 g/a and starts only around half the time, solid but not as good as someone like Staq, Bailey, Adams or even Tim team this year.

10 minutes ago, GasPed said:

Are you sure?  No mention in the game summaries of him playing, and I didn't see him in the highlights (admittedly poor quality) either. 

hes on their official twitter as a sub and you can see him post game in the below video, kit stripped

https://www.fcporto.pt/en/football/fcporto/game-sheet/120230319100-sc-braga-vs-fc-porto

Edited by king1010

On 3/19/2023 at 4:32 PM, GasPed said:

Are you sure?  No mention in the game summaries of him playing, and I didn't see him in the highlights (admittedly poor quality) either. 

I was watching the game on TV. Didn’t check summary afterwards. 😀