Stephen Eustaquio

48 minutes ago, Lansdude said:

Otavio got a dumb yellow, Staq will probably replace him.

This was not the case. Let’s just hope that he doesn’t pick up a stupid red.

UPDATE: my sources are telling me he did, in fact get a red while Steph is still on the bench.

costa is gonna have to do his best Borjan impression and kill time if they wanna get away with a draw

Edited by InglewoodJack

Eustaquio's TransferMarkt Value has increased 25% to $10Million, making him the most valuable Central Midfielder in Portugal (I don't believe Attacking Midfielders are included).

Transfermarkt have written a nice article on him and his recent form.

Stephen Eustaquio: Porto star now most valuable central midfielder in Portugal | Transfermarkt

30 minutes ago, Corazon said:

Eustaquio's TransferMarkt Value has increased 25% to $10Million, making him the most valuable Central Midfielder in Portugal (I don't believe Attacking Midfielders are included).

Transfermarkt have written a nice article on him and his recent form.

Stephen Eustaquio: Porto star now most valuable central midfielder in Portugal | Transfermarkt

Interesting that he's considered the most valuable midfielder at $10M when it seems like every year there's a few guys being sold for 40M+.

No reason to think that he's going to leave Porto any time soon, but Eustaquio at 10M has to be one of the biggest moneyball purchase midfielders out there. If you can't afford the next Enzo Fernandez or whoever the 21 year old shiny new toy of the summer will be, why not purchase Eustaquio and go after the next big target down the road?

Hell, your club missed out on Jude Bellingham for 150M? Cool, why not spend a third of that on acquiring Eustaquio and Jonathan David and you're better off than you would've been.

Either way, 7G, 5A for Porto in 29 games, with quite a few of those games being early season spot appearances is pretty crazy.