Stephen Eustaquio

If there is any question, I wouldn’t mind seeing Piette given a shot.  He has 66 caps for Canada and I would be happy to see him step on the pitch in Qatar.  

We are eliminated so we are playing for some combination of pride, personal achievements, and growth experiences (with the desire for our first WC win captured under “pride”). I would sit Atiba (he played twice and made his 100th cap) and Staq - even if he seems healthy once again.  No point giving him back to Porto broken.  

A 3-man midfield using Piette, Kone and Oso would prob be my first choice for the next game.  And those aren’t “pity minutes” - I think Sammy could do the job for us defensively in a 3 man mid, and I think Oso and Kone have both looked good in their sub appearances.  

2 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

If there is any question, I wouldn’t mind seeing Piette given a shot.  He has 66 caps for Canada and I would be happy to see him step on the pitch in Qatar.  

We are eliminated so we are playing for some combination of pride, personal achievements, and growth experiences (with the desire for our first WC win captured under “pride”). I would sit Atiba (he played twice and made his 100th cap) and Staq - even if he seems healthy once again.  No point giving him back to Porto broken.  

A 3-man midfield using Piette, Kone and Oso would prob be my first choice for the next game.  And those aren’t “pity minutes” - I think Sammy could do the job for us defensively in a 3 man mid, and I think Oso and Kone have both looked good in their sub appearances.  

Honestly Herdman knowing that Stephen and Atiba weren't fit mean he should have plugged in Piette in there with them to help lighten the physical load for the two. Piette wouldn't have been flailing around in the 35th minute like Atiba was.

Edited by VinceA

• 3 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Back on the bench for Porto tonight against Arouca. Don’t know if time flew, but I had it in mind that he was only coming back in like late January 

It was supposed to be early-mid January, I believe.

Either way, good to see him return ahead of expectations.

It appears that he was a 2nd half substitute in a 5-1 win. No idea how he played, but judging from the highlights he didn't appear to be part of the Porto goal contributions, 2 of which came in the second half.

On the goal conceeded, it was he who made a pass to the other Porto midfielder, who then coughed up the ball in the middle of the field. His pass was routine and was not dangerous or careless - the other player just received the ball and turned into pressure, rather than away from it. 

Edited by Obinna

44 minutes ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

I guess when you are down 5-0 any goal is worth celebrating..

That is the "my wife is pregnant" celebration, or "we just had a baby". 

We have to appreciate that a guy on a modest team may only get a few chances to score in an entire season, so to make it coincide with being a father you have to celebrate when you can. 

23 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

We have to appreciate that a guy on a modest team may only get a few chances to score in an entire season, so to make it coincide with being a father you have to celebrate when you can. 

😄😄😄

My guess is he hit a bonus in his contract with that goal!

On 12/30/2022 at 1:17 AM, Unnamed Trialist said:

If my wife was pregnant or just had a baby, this would have been my celebration…

D752FA21-F17F-4A59-9C69-86F491707EAA.jpeg