CPL General

On 10/8/2024 at 2:29 PM, Unnamed Trialist said:

I think the Blue Jays are followed quite seriously in BC, in Vancouver certainly. I was an Expos fan in their day, and probably would still be. But just look at the Jays gear, and the fans going to Seattle for games when the Jays come. 

I never had any other team but the Expos as a kid, have never really supported any MLB team apart from them. Though there are some dynasties I liked, Cardinals with Pujols.

Montrealer UT :) 

Expos, nos amours 💙❤️🤍

19 hours ago, Aird25 said:

Hopefully this is a sign of things to come for next season. it would be great to be back on CBC

I started to watch USL because of Radio Canada back in the days.

I started to watch MLS because of CBC back in the days.

And I'm starting to watch CPL because of CBC!

16 hours ago, Big_M said:

best coach in cpl history running the best franchise in cpl history...deserves a shot in mls or maybe even greece or cyprus soon

He's never given any clear indication he is at all interested in moving anywhere to improve his professional position. 

Applying for Canada does not count, since he was thinking, "hey, I can stay home and do that job". That is not serious. 

I think people underestimate his lack of ambition, or if you like, that possibly the extent of his ambition is Forge.

42 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

He's never given any clear indication he is at all interested in moving anywhere to improve his professional position. 

Applying for Canada does not count, since he was thinking, "hey, I can stay home and do that job". That is not serious. 

I think people underestimate his lack of ambition, or if you like, that possibly the extent of his ambition is Forge.

Maybe his ambition has always been to stay in Canada and strengthen Canadian soccer in some way. Otherwise why come home from coaching in Greece to start an academy in Toronto? Now he has a professional platform to practice his craft. He's obviously done very well bringing players along with both Sigma and Forge.

53 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

He does speak English. Why not Scotland or England?

I doubt he would get a shot in either place other than at a very low level to start off (think non-league in England or something at League One or lower in Scotland).  His CPL reputation likely means little in either country.

On 10/15/2024 at 2:32 PM, Bison44 said:

Yeah, forget jerseys Ahmedou, buy a freakin team.  Live out the Football Manger fantasy!!!  Grow the game in Quebec, become a legend yourself!!!  

Legend says one day a man with courage and conviction dared to be great. He gathered his fortune and invested it all in a CPL team in Quebec. And far in the future the wise elders still recount his exploits and adventures in Canada. His fame grew many times over and his wealth grew even more...

9738m2.jpg