CPL General

6 minutes ago, Rheo said:

When they're ready to announce they'll announce.  I'm not going to get all worked up over the wait.  There's enough of them around on here lol

The year is 2039 and only Paulie B is left. He take the mic

Paulie B: I am pleased to announce that I am the CPL

TOZ on Twitter: I DEAD BUT ZOMBIE #CanPL IS BRAINS

39 minutes ago, Rheo said:

And when they're ready they'll announce more teams lol

...which probably won't be until after the anchor franchise in Hamilton has a legally binding rental agreement with the City of Hamilton at Tim Horton Field and given the Ticats appear to have been the ones that turned down a financial settlement that was offered to them where the legal action related to the construction delays was concerned that could take a while as I think that means it all has to actually go to court barring a better settlement offer that the Ticats are willing to take. In the meantime, it shouldn't take long now for the sorts of things that happened with gaining permission for a stadium from the city council in Halifax to start happening elsewhere in Kitchener-Waterloo, Saskatoon and the Fraser Valley, if a 2019 launch is going to be viable.

5 minutes ago, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

...which probably won't be until after the anchor franchise in Hamilton has a legally binding rental agreement with the City of Hamilton at Tim Horton Field and given the Ticats appear to have been the ones that turned down a financial settlement that was offered to them where the legal action related to the construction delays was concerned that could take a while as I think that means it all has to actually go to court barring a better settlement offer that the Ticats are willing to take. In the meantime, it shouldn't take long now for the sorts of things that happened with gaining permission for a stadium from the city council in Halifax to start happening elsewhere in Kitchener-Waterloo, Saskatoon and the Fraser Valley, if a 2019 launch is going to be viable.

Vaughan as Toronto. I'd would say that has a good chance at 2019, more so than KW or FV at the current time. If the delay is to get more teams that team better be there.

Edited by matty

...would need some extra work done at the Soccer Centre and that would probably involve some publicly accessible paperwork at the municipal level. If this thing still has a pulse despite having no 2018 launch (as now appears more likely than not to happen) there should still be things to talk about in the next six months, but it probably won't be on anything like a daily basis until well into next year. Time will tell.

Edited by BringBackTheBlizzard

13 minutes ago, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

...would need some extra work done at the Soccer Centre and that would probably involve some publicly accessible paperwork at the municipal level. If this thing still has a pulse despite having no 2018 launch (as now appears more likely than not to happen) there should still be things to talk about in the next six months, but it probably won't be on anything like a daily basis until well into next year. Time will tell.

Yep, another 2k seats and some beer and food stands (I picture something similar to stands at a music festival). Super bare bones. Likely quick paper work but likely too late for 2018.

2018 still has time but it seems Hamilton could kill that

I tend to agree that 2019 is most likely launch date now but I do think that something substantial is going to be coming out from the league in the next few weeks.  No real evidence just a couple of little circumstantial stuff.   Beirne is doing the Footy Talks show in Toronto with a lot of the mainstream Toronto soccer press seemingly there.  That's as big of a thing the league has done (no offence to any podcasters on here that he's talked to lol).  Add in the fact that Rollins said on the Larson pod that he had a magazine piece on the league and/or Beirne (forget exactly how he phrased it, also really curious which mag it's in) coming out in the fall.  Just think that something will be dropping soon.

Or we might just get a BOOM!!!!!! on Totera's show tonight lol

30 minutes ago, Rheo said:

I tend to agree that 2019 is most likely launch date now but I do think that something substantial is going to be coming out from the league in the next few weeks.  No real evidence just a couple of little circumstantial stuff.   Beirne is doing the Footy Talks show in Toronto with a lot of the mainstream Toronto soccer press seemingly there.  That's as big of a thing the league has done (no offence to any podcasters on here that he's talked to lol).  Add in the fact that Rollins said on the Larson pod that he had a magazine piece on the league and/or Beirne (forget exactly how he phrased it, also really curious which mag it's in) coming out in the fall.  Just think that something will be dropping soon.

Or we might just get a BOOM!!!!!! on Totera's show tonight lol

Watch at the Toronto meeting paul peschisolido and karren brady are incognito in the crowd and when scott mitchell makes a shock appearance to thrill the toronto crowd he gets a steel chair attack from peschisolido as brady proclaims Toronto will crush Hamilton revealing herself as the owner of toronto

During the season, everyone simply calls her the baroness.

Edited by matty

33 minutes ago, matty said:

I feel karren brady is the perfect owner for toronto. She's an outsider, knows her shit, has a better than you vibe, has the backing of the mega powers. She would be the perfect heel owner for the cpl and would still be seen as less evil than mlse

She doesn't know her shit. Terrible person. She is a million more times evil than MLSE. I cannot wait for the day she goes full time into politics and leaves football. Her politics suck as well. 

She was described by an ex player as 'The devil with tits'. 

3 minutes ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

She doesn't know her shit. Terrible person. She is a million more times evil than MLSE. I cannot wait for the day she goes full time into politics and leaves football. Her politics suck as well. 

She was described by an ex player as 'The devil with tits'. 

See guys. She is the perfect heel for cpl

1 minute ago, matty said:

See guys. She is the perfect heel for cpl

Only if she has Iraqi sympathizer Sgt Slaughter as her bodyguard.  No real reason since I had to google who she is but just loved Sgt Slaughter turning Iraqi.

17 minutes ago, Rheo said:

Only if she has Iraqi sympathizer Sgt Slaughter as her bodyguard.  No real reason since I had to google who she is but just loved Sgt Slaughter turning Iraqi.

She's a better heel than Mitchell Goldhar. He would be awkward

I see her as a Ted Dibiase or 80s Ric Flair

Edited by matty

1 hour ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

She also has zero football knowledge. He claim to fame is selling West Ham's home of 112 years and moving the club into a rented athletics stadium. 

You're just proving her as a heel man

10 hours ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

She also has zero football knowledge. He claim to fame is selling West Ham's home of 112 years and moving the club into a rented athletics stadium. 

Ranting again much? As if she did it secretly, under cover, when no one was looking. I mean, grow up. She executed, she was not the owner. 

BTW, Florentino Pérez has zero football knowledge, he's an absolute dolt. The game is full of successful presidents and owners who know nothing, as it is likewise with failures who do know a lot. So your arguments are totally specious. 

What I don't get is how she'd have the money to be an owner, I don't think she made that much for that long and certainly is not moneyed enough for this endeavour, unless she's a partner with a bunch of others. And her hubby probably has less than she does.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

5 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

What I don't get is how she'd have the money to be an owner, I don't think she made that much for that long and certainly is not moneyed enough for this endeavour, unless she's a partner with a bunch of others. And her hubby probably has less than she does.

Is £85 million net worth enough to be an owner? I have to assume it is. 

18 hours ago, matty said:

I feel karren brady is the perfect owner for toronto. She's an outsider, knows her shit, has a better than you vibe, has the backing of the mega powers. She would be the perfect heel owner for the cpl and would still be seen as less evil than mlse

I thought a big part of CPL Toronto was to get away from the evil heel that is MLSE. Why court an owner that would probably piss us off even more trying to make money for Gold/Sullivan?

Just now, ironcub14 said:

I thought a big part of CPL Toronto was to get away from the evil heel that is MLSE. Why court an owner that would probably piss us off even more trying to make money for Gold/Sullivan?

Joke also note the "less evil than MLSE" comment. Despite Rob's comments, she's the lesser evil also most people in Toronto will not know her.

By the way, as I've said before Goldhar comes with some baggage which could hurt a team.

1 hour ago, rob.notenboom said:

Is £85 million net worth enough to be an owner? I have to assume it is. 

£85 million ($140million~) plus a great deal of connections to people with money. 

Edited by matty