CPL General

39 minutes ago, admin said:

But seriously though, the logo, plan for how it will be used and identity of the league is going to be good.   

They have done a really good job.

Seeing it up there with league logos from across the world, it fit in well and frankly looked better than most of them.

I thought the first rule about CPL focus groups is that we don't talk about CPL focus groups? :P

2 hours ago, admin said:

But seriously though, the logo, plan for how it will be used and identity of the league is going to be good.   

They have done a really good job.

Seeing it up there with league logos from across the world, it fit in well and frankly looked better than most of them.

Any inkling as to how the website will look? It's just sad right now, and the French is pretty bad/limited.

30 minutes ago, Rheo said:

And here is Edmonton 's play https://t.co/e0vv9HYiee

Alright... but who is this money going to and what is it being used for?  Why is anyone paying $40 to "show interest"?

I'm honestly not even sure who this website is being run by.  Is it FCE?  A supporters group?  What guarantee beyond their words is there that this donation is "fully refundable" or that they have the ability to count these donations towards future season tickets?

Don't get me wrong, I want Edmonton to have a team, but I'll be honest and say that if some anonymous person made a plea like this for a Toronto team I'd steer well clear of it because it seems super sketch.

There was also a post in the V FB group about a partnership between the YEG to CPL group and a local brewery.  It was similarly cryptic about who was involved and what it actually meant.  

I love that there is effort being put into this, and it is far better than total radio silence, but it would be more reassuring if the FC Edmonton machinery was more active in the promotional activities.  I guess a link directly to their website is a decent proxy, but some sort of statement from Fath would be ideal.

1 hour ago, Gopherbashi said:

Alright... but who is this money going to and what is it being used for?  Why is anyone paying $40 to "show interest"?

I'm honestly not even sure who this website is being run by.  Is it FCE?  A supporters group?  What guarantee beyond their words is there that this donation is "fully refundable" or that they have the ability to count these donations towards future season tickets?

Don't get me wrong, I want Edmonton to have a team, but I'll be honest and say that if some anonymous person made a plea like this for a Toronto team I'd steer well clear of it because it seems super sketch.

If you follow the link it takes you to FC Edmonton's merch website where the deposit is placed. You aren't placing money with fans. It also explains that they count towards season tickets.

They could have made it slightly clearer that the Yeg4CPL splash page just explained the movement, the money is being collected by FC Edmonton

3 minutes ago, Complete Homer said:

Pretty mild test IMO. Sure it's a short window, but it is fair to say that if there isn't 1000 people interested in season tickets in the city they don't have much business continuing. Would be pretty surprised if the YEG4CPL crowd didn't get it done

Agreed it's mild but it's  something and you have to start somewhere. The first hundred is the easiest because those are the ones who've been waiting. Personally just excited to see another step along the way

Here's hoping. Having Edmonton and Ottawa would be huge and a great boost for the league. 

Certainly worth forwarding the http://rallyrabbit.ca/whos-all-in link to get all cpl supporter groups to post on their Facebook group/share around. I'm sure there are at least a few people in each supporter group that know other people in Edmonton they could reach.

Not sure if anyone has a mass contact list to do so. 

Every little helps.