CPL General

19 minutes ago, Macksam said:

That’s an old article as well that was just recently updated....but I can’t tell what was exactly updated. 

Anyhow, cricket = boring.

Keep that in South Africa and the pacific where it belongs.

You mean like soccer should stay in England? That's what they used to say here you know. 

Cricket is very popular here with the West Indies crowd. 

Don't see how we can be bigoted against one sport and complain when others are bigoted against ours!

I wish these guys luck. If they can make it fly, more power to them!

16 minutes ago, dbailey62 said:

You mean like soccer should stay in England? That's what they used to say here you know. 

Don't see how we can be bigoted against one sport and complain when others are bigoted against ours!

Reminds me of seeing MLS fans get all snobby about how much CPL is going to suck, even though those same people get their back up when a fan of Liga MX or of big European leagues point out how bad MLS is.

11 minutes ago, Kent said:

Reminds me of seeing MLS fans get all snobby about how much CPL is going to suck, even though those same people get their back up when a fan of Liga MX or of big European leagues point out how bad MLS is.

Hey, MLS is the best league in North America, assuming you define North America as everything north of the Mason-Dixon line. 

1 hour ago, dbailey62 said:

Looks like you got me there.

1 hour ago, Kent said:

Canadian or American ones? Never really heard Americans talk shit about the CPL project unless they worked for MLS

3 hours ago, matty said:

Canadian or American ones? Never really heard Americans talk shit about the CPL project unless they worked for MLS

I feel like I’ve seen some American fans in the comments section on mlssoccer.com attack the CPL, but I might be thinking of the Voyageurs Cup. Usually American fans are accepting of the CPL idea but some people on that site are so blinded by their love of MLS that they will turn their nose up at anything else.

5 minutes ago, Kent said:

I feel like I’ve seen some American fans in the comments section on mlssoccer.com attack the CPL, but I might be thinking of the Voyageurs Cup. Usually American fans are accepting of the CPL idea but some people on that site are so blinded by their love of MLS that they will turn their nose up at anything else.

you'll find the hardcore MLS fans in Canada do the same as well. As a wild generalization I'd say US fans are generally on board.