CPL General

9 hours ago, Kingston said:

Tristan Borges was the first transfer and therefore the initial record holder.  I think he still has the highest value.  No official number was given but it was reported at the time as being between $300 000 and $400 000.

could Borges make it in Europe this time around if he went again 

5 hours ago, jonovision said:

Have all the teams had a player sale to Europe by now?

Off the top of my head:

Pacific - Bustos to Sweden

Cavalry - Loturi, Pepple, Ntignee

Valour - Akio to Scotland

Forge - Borges to Belgium, among others

York - Zator to Poland

Ottawa - Tabla to Turkey

Halifax - ?

It says a lot that Vancouver isn't even in your CPL. Haha 😄 

I wonder of TJ might be our first to go?

51 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

CPL isn't close enough to leagues that can pay major transfers. It still seems natural to me for a player to go to MLS or Scandinavia, and only then the bigger fee would be paid.

MLS teams have paid over a million like 70 times in the last 2 seasons 

16 minutes ago, Watchmen said:

Asking for a generational talent to come through in the first 5 years is asking a lot.

I didn’t say generational talent, I just mean someone that looks like they clearly have the potential to advance beyond CPL. I don’t think we’ve really had any young Canadians or imports who have demonstrated that

13 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

I didn’t say generational talent, I just mean someone that looks like they clearly have the potential to advance beyond CPL. I don’t think we’ve really had any young Canadians or imports who have demonstrated that

Ok, but you stated "like Davies did at times in MLS", and that's what he is: a generational talent.

But if you're just looking for young players with potential to move on, I think TJ seems like the best option at this point, though he's certainly cooled off since the early season.

3 minutes ago, Watchmen said:

Ok, but you stated "like Davies did at times in MLS", and that's what he is: a generational talent.

But if you're just looking for young players with potential to move on, I think TJ seems like the best option at this point, though he's certainly cooled off since the early season.

Yes, Davies looked more dominant in MLS than any player I’ve seen in CPL, even though it’s a higher level. The level is why its surprising. I don’t understand your confusion or how you’re spinning that to indicate I’m surprised we haven’t produced a generational talent. 

28 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

Yes, Davies looked more dominant in MLS than any player I’ve seen in CPL, even though it’s a higher level. The level is why its surprising. I don’t understand your confusion or how you’re spinning that to indicate I’m surprised we haven’t produced a generational talent. 

You're asking for a kid to come in to a professional league and look dominant.  You don't think it would take a generational talent to do that?

19 minutes ago, Watchmen said:

You're asking for a kid to come in to a professional league and look dominant.  You don't think it would take a generational talent to do that?

No I don’t. It happens often around the world, and we’re quite a low rung. I find your persistence on this a bit baffling 

Edited by Aird25