Sebastian Breza

Dr.Dre

2 hours ago, narduch said:

It early but he now has the inside track to be Canada's #3 at the World Cup.

He has unseated Pantemis.

St. Clair is not starting. 

Leutwiler plays at too low a level. 

Hasal is a big question mark.

The fact he hasn't been in a camp is probably to his only detriment. The gaffer loves him some continuity aka the brotherhood. Assuming Leutwiller only got the call up because he was playing/in season. 

However that #3 spot is definitely up for grabs. 

I haven't checked if MLS breaks for nations league, but it'll be interesting who will be in net or deputy given that Borjan will probably be given some break, and a few guys are number 1s at their respective MLS clubs.

Breza I think is the best of the next generation, but I'd still be more comfortable with Leutwiler as our 3rd.  Experience goes a long way at the keeper position.  Not many caps, but has been to our last 3 Gold Cups.  

Breza, St. Clair, Pantemis, Hasal will all get their chance and all have a good shot for 2026.

19 minutes ago, BrennanFan said:

Breza I think is the best of the next generation, but I'd still be more comfortable with Leutwiler as our 3rd.  Experience goes a long way at the keeper position.  Not many caps, but has been to our last 3 Gold Cups.  

Breza, St. Clair, Pantemis, Hasal will all get their chance and all have a good shot for 2026.

I think the word "experience" get used very loosely around here. 

What does it mean for a guy like Jayson who has 3 caps (last one coming in 2017) to have experience?  Been called up to the last 3 Gold Cups and never played a single minute. 

Do you believe a keeper can get experience/ or has great experience from being on the bench?

30 minutes ago, BrennanFan said:

You forgot about Busti.  He has already won more senior caps than the rest combined.  Not sure we would've pulled off that 5-0 win against Dominica without him.

On 2/24/2022 at 12:21 PM, Shway said:

Do you believe a keeper can get experience/ or has great experience from being on the bench?

Yes.  In terms of maturity, professionalism and leadership.  All qualities the group could use.  3rd string keeper can't add much else, so I'd rather have a seasoned pro like Leutwiler in that spot.        

19 hours ago, BrennanFan said:

Yes.  In terms of maturity, professionalism and leadership.  All qualities the group could use.  3rd string keeper can't add much else, so I'd rather have a seasoned pro like Leutwiler in that spot.        

I never played pro, but I find it hard to believe that sitting on the bench as a backup goalkeeper gives a person leadership qualities. Is Quillan Roberts a good leader?