Jacob Shaffelburg

Big_M

5 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Money: I don't think Johnston and Kone are making much more than half a million euros, I think Kone might be less but not sure.

I think your valuations are light.

Celtic are famous for being frugal but I'd put Johnston on wages waaaay closer to £1M pounds than €500K.  Net tax.

And if Kone left Watford on a €15M transfer for €500K he really, and I mean really-really needs to change agents. 

Which I doubt.  I think it more likely Watford recognized they quickly wouldn't be able to afford the man and did a deal.

10 hours ago, Cheeta said:

I think your valuations are light.

Celtic are famous for being frugal but I'd put Johnston on wages waaaay closer to £1M pounds than €500K.  Net tax.

And if Kone left Watford on a €15M transfer for €500K he really, and I mean really-really needs to change agents. 

Which I doubt.  I think it more likely Watford recognized they quickly wouldn't be able to afford the man and did a deal.

I don’t know what Kone was but a few weeks ago, I was randomly looking up Celtic’s salaries and Johnston was about $900,000 Euros.  The top 10 Celtic players range from $800k up towards a couple players making $1.5-1.9M Euros annually.

41 minutes ago, Corazon said:

I don’t know what Kone was but a few weeks ago, I was randomly looking up Celtic’s salaries and Johnston was about $900,000 Euros.  The top 10 Celtic players range from $800k up towards a couple players making $1.5-1.9M Euros annually.

Somewhere I read Kone was on £15 bags a week.

That's over 1 and quarter million CDN$ a year.

Not sure that's right but that not a silly wage for a Championship player. A little above average. People like Josh Sargent and Haji Wright would be well above that, for instance.

Like the teams some massive wage variation in that league.

On 7/20/2024 at 6:41 PM, VinceA said:

Nashville are a tire fire right now and it seems Shaff can't really do much to help.

Hopefully MacNaughton comes back from injury soon 

3 hours ago, ahmedou said:

That was on June 2024 being the #13 best-selling MLS player jersey. July 2024 and the next months of 2024 he'll be the #1 best-selling mls player jersey lol

image.png.400cdb4ff08bcd691b87dbdabd88bd5a.png

Bet MLSE execs are having a WTF moment given the guy they signed that made Shaffelburg surplus to requirements in TO isn't featured despite earning $15 million per season. On the plus side it should provide evidence that their academy is worth the ongoing investment.

Edited by Ozzie_the_parrot

3 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Wasnt Shaff in US high school (15-18) and was Massachusets high school player of the year when he was a senior......

I believe he played at a “prep school” or something along those lines 

1 hour ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Bet MLSE execs are having a WTF moment given the guy they signed that made Shaffelburg surplus to requirements in TO isn't featured despite earning $15 million per season. On the plus side it should provide evidence that their academy is worth the ongoing investment.

It must be noted that TFC's own app doesn't even direct fans to MLSstore.com (the website which supplied the info behind the "best-selling jersey" list). Instead, it directs to RealSports, MLSE's own in-house shop.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...