Jacob Shaffelburg

Big_M

1 hour ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Was also voted as man of the match

Oh that can't be good.  I didn't see highlights but his stats don't show anything that merits MOTM.  This looks more like a "thank you / good luck / hang in there" type move.

On 9/2/2024 at 1:00 PM, ahmedou said:

If he knew how to dribble with a ball he'd have been another player. That's the only thing he doesn't have.

Everybody wants to have his speed and his heart.

I watched him play several times and he is like a southamerican dribbler ,   you can't say he can't dribble ,  dribbling is one of his best parts of his gane as when he scored Vs the USA in goal cup ,  he dribbled past 3 Americans, mate 

"It's been a busy few days. I'm officially an uncle and hopefully next week I'll be a dad! I can't wait... Seeing my sister hold her baby, it got me 10 times more excited than I already was to be a dad. It's gonna be so much fun!

Congrats Shaff!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It’s been something I’ve been meaning to post as well.  His club form has been quite poor since this Spring.  I think he holds his spot given his production with the National team.  But if he had no international caps with Canada, I’d be arguing if he should be in our top 23-26 roster based on club form. 

That's a key talking point. You get your call ups based on how you do with your club team. However you still have to perform/contribute when given the opportunity on the national team, and Shaff has been a consistent key contributor in his limited appearances.

You can be a baller for your club, but be ineffective for your national team or vice versa... but I'll always take the opposite.