Derek Cornelius

Grizzly

Now that we know for certain Cornelius is an OM player, I can say this...

This is an incredible come up! This guy had to leave Vancouver on loan because he couldn't find enough MLS minutes, which as it turned out as the best thing to ever happen for him. He was ever-present for a humble side in the Greek Super League, which in turn earned him a move to Malmo, where he was able to lock down a spot and shine. Now he's taken a massive leap, bigger than moving to Feyenoord and even Ajax, clubs he was previously linked with. 

Anyway, I don't think anyone could have possibly predicted this a year ago. The best part is that it feels deserved. He was a stand out with Malmo and with Canada. Even if he's the 3rd CB in this team, this is still an excellent move. He's in his prime and should improve playing with better players. Really looking forward to what's in store for him. 

2 minutes ago, masster said:

One Soccer picked up Lille matches for David. It would seem to makes sense to grab Marseille matches now if possible with 2 Canadians there,

That was under MediaPro though. Will be interesting to see what CSB does with One Soccer once they take possession.

1 hour ago, masster said:

One Soccer picked up Lille matches for David. It would seem to makes sense to grab Marseille matches now if possible with 2 Canadians there,

Lille matches weren't considered valuable property by the LFP and could likely be acquired cheaply.

Matches involving PSG, OM and OL for example were considered the valuable part of the Ligue 1 broadcast rights portfolio.

2 hours ago, narduch said:

Are the Canadian Ligue 1 rights confirmed?

They just finalized the domestic deal with DAZN showing 8 matches/week and Bein showing 1/week.

Ligue 1 wanted to move away from Bein in the USA because Bein has limited distribution. But there is likely no interest from other corners unless DAZN wants to finally start showing men's club football in the USA.

OneSoccer likely bartered with Bein for Lille matches. Bein showed CPL match replays which helps meet Cancon requirements.

6 hours ago, red card said:

They just finalized the domestic deal with DAZN showing 8 matches/week and Bein showing 1/week.

Ligue 1 wanted to move away from Bein in the USA because Bein has limited distribution. But there is likely no interest from other corners unless DAZN wants to finally start showing men's club football in the USA.

OneSoccer likely bartered with Bein for Lille matches. Bein showed CPL match replays which helps meet Cancon requirements.

Fuck man DAZN is $25 per month now

Fuck man DAZN is $25 per month now

Pretty sure we're at a tipping point.  Prices have skyrocketed for streaming services.  The "revolution and solution" to cable companies has become a bigger problem and people have realized it.  People were overjoyed to cut cable a couple of years ago and now most are nostalgic about how convenient and easy it was to just have one box/subscription.  Illegal workarounds have picked up and the big guys are scrambling to go after them. 

1 minute ago, costarg said:

Pretty sure we're at a tipping point.  Prices have skyrocketed for streaming services.  The "revolution and solution" to cable companies has become a bigger problem and people have realized it.  People were overjoyed to cut cable a couple of years ago and now most are nostalgic about how convenient and easy it was to just have one box/subscription.  Illegal workarounds have picked up and the big guys are scrambling to go after them. 

I didn't renew Fubo because it jumped to $280 per year.

Only thing.on DAZN that maybe interests me is Champions League and now Ligue 1.

15 hours ago, Obinna said:

This is an incredible come up! This guy had to leave Vancouver on loan because he couldn't find enough MLS minutes, which as it turned out as the best thing to ever happen for him.

Getting benched and instead watching Andy "coach on the field" Rose perform has really paid off!  Wax on, wax off!  I am sure MDS wiĺl be wanting credit here.

But seriously, sometimes you need moments like that to get you back in focus.

Edited by BearcatSA

2 hours ago, costarg said:

I didn't renew Fubo because it jumped to $280 per year.

Only thing.on DAZN that maybe interests me is Champions League and now Ligue 1.

I started out subscribing to OS from day one.   After a couple of years I then switched to Fubo for the added value.  But at one point we had cable (as part of a Bell bundle), Netflix, Prime and Fubo.  We ended up switching to IPTV with its greyish legality and will be dropping services as they come up for renewal.  I will wait and see what happens with OS in the future and then decide if I want to contribute financially, but the industry has quickly regressed into the kind of "bleed them dry" mentality that led to the explosion of wild-west P2P and torrents that disrupted things in the first place.  

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

I started out subscribing to OS from day one.   After a couple of years I then switched to Fubo for the added value.  But at one point we had cable (as part of a Bell bundle), Netflix, Prime and Fubo.  We ended up switching to IPTV with its greyish legality and will be dropping services as they come up for renewal.  I will wait and see what happens with OS in the future and then decide if I want to contribute financially, but the industry has quickly regressed into the kind of "bleed them dry" mentality that led to the explosion of wild-west P2P and torrents that disrupted things in the first place.  

How do you find IPTV? Is it smooth or do you end up running into buffering issues?

I'm on IPTV as well and I'd say it has 95-98% uptime. It depends on your provider but on mine the more popular channels buffer a little bit, and some of the more obscure channels don't work at all. The later rounds of NHL playoffs struggled a bit, I'm assuming due to server bandwidth, and Sky Sports always has a bit of buffering happening. But overall for the price and what you get, it's a no brainer. Basically every channel in the world, pretty much any show/movie on demand, all for peanuts. I've always been a big proponent of piracy.

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

I believe Fubo only has EPL for 1 more year.

And I don't think they have Serie A anymore and it looks like they may only have 1 Ligue game per week.

So I switched back to One Soccer and I'm paying $13.99 per month. I figure I will cancel it after the November window. 

14 minutes ago, Watchmen said:

I mean, I've run in to these issues with FUBO and DAZN as well...

This is the thing. When pirated services actually offer a better service than official licensed products, it becomes a matter of principle, never mind value for your dollar.

I'll be interested to see how this goes for Cornelius and Kone. Marseille is a big club, but they always seem to be in disarray. Hoping for some trophies and a return to Europe and not another 8th place finish.

25 minutes ago, Watchmen said:

I'll be interested to see how this goes for Cornelius and Kone. Marseille is a big club, but they always seem to be in disarray. Hoping for some trophies and a return to Europe and not another 8th place finish.

I am so glad I purchased an OM shirt when I lived in France a few years back. Went to a few matches there too, quite an atmosphere!