Derek Cornelius

Grizzly

31 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

Not in the lineup today so assume the appeal was unsuccessful. However, less than 5 minutes in one of the other CBs received a red card. So assume he should start again next week.

These refs in France are tough for the CBs to figure out.

A Yellow in the first minute and a second yellow in the 5th..lol.  

45 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

Not in the lineup today so assume the appeal was unsuccessful. However, less than 5 minutes in one of the other CBs received a red card. So assume he should start again next week.

According to Google, Kondogbia, who is a natural DM is the other CB so looks like Marseille are definitely going to utilize DC a lot this season considering they are already shifting players out of position.

Edited by Macksam

50 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

I wanted to see Cornelius-Balerdi :(

''So cornelius needed to defend twice in defence, what have you done Roberto damn !!!''

''I like him well Cornelius.''

''Cornelius is more confident than against Brest.''

''I feel like cornelius is more reassuring than brassier i'll not be suprised when we'll be full he'll be with Balerdi in defence.''

''I repeat, Cornelius is better than Brassier.'' 

''We should've put Cornelius at the right like against Toulouse.''

''Honestly he got more personality than Brassier who's playing scared and stressed.''

''Good shitty game Derek. You've the right to advance 4 or 5 meters when you see that there's no pressing on you.''

''He's so bad, that's scary... His head clerance in our final third gave me cold anxiety.''

''Cornélius , that's not good.''

''Cornellius 4''

''Brassier Cornelius, don't deserve to be in the starting lineup.''

''Brassier and Cornelius are infamous.''

''We play back to the inactive Cornelius where his real place is at Bastia at best.''

''Y'all really harsh,he's not that wow but he's not the baddest since the start of the season to be honest...''

''He's doing the job comparing to the others. Yes he's doing some awkward choices from time to time. For his price it's difficult to complain.''

''It's allright he's not that bad for his price.''

''I don't know what to think about him. Sometimes he seems calm and confident. And sometimes he's doing nonsence, like his weird head clearance that created a 1 vs 1 that Rulli saved.''

''He was supposed to be a bencher.''

''He's the least bad than the four at the back.''

PS: Forum Le Phoceen

17 minutes ago, ahmedou said:

''So cornelius needed to defend twice in defence, what have you done Roberto damn !!!''

''I like him well Cornelius.''

''Cornelius is more confident than against Brest.''

''I feel like cornelius is more reassuring than brassier i'll not be suprised when we'll be full he'll be with Balerdi in defence.''

''I repeat, Cornelius is better than Brassier.'' 

''We should've put Cornelius at the right like against Toulouse.''

''Honestly he got more personality than Brassier who's playing scared and stressed.''

''Good shitty game Derek. You've the right to advance 4 or 5 meters when you see that there's no pressing on you.''

''He's so bad, that's scary... His head clerance in our final third gave me cold anxiety.''

''Cornélius , that's not good.''

''Cornellius 4''

''Brassier Cornelius, don't deserve to be in the starting lineup.''

''Brassier and Cornelius are infamous.''

''We play back to the inactive Cornelius where his real place is at Bastia at best.''

''Y'all really harsh,he's not that wow but he's not the baddest since the start of the season to be honest...''

''He's doing the job comparing to the others. Yes he's doing some awkward choices from time to time. For his price it's difficult to complain.''

''It's allright he's not that bad for his price.''

''I don't know what to think about him. Sometimes he seems calm and confident. And sometimes he's doing nonsence, like his weird head clearance that created a 1 vs 1 that Rulli saved.''

''He was supposed to be a bencher.''

''He's the least bad than the four at the back.''

PS: Forum Le Phoceen

Appreciate you sharing these fan opinions for us non-francophones. Seems like the opinions are mixed-to-positive. Slightly better than I expected for Cornelius jumping up from Malmo to Marseille, but I guess it speaks to just how good he was in Sweden. 

What I like are the comments about him adjusting quicker than Brassier, who some assumed would be ahead of him in the pecking order. 

8 minutes ago, Lansdude said:

This team has a lot of raw talent but they're sorely lacking in organization, tactics, and discipline. But that's just Ligue 1 for you, Monaco are the same way, PSG didn't have to be tactical geniuses when they were steamrolling everyone.

I think this may be a very competitive season with some Parity  in Ligue 1  . Monaco , REIMS  , look very good  starting the season . Its still early though and things can change

Edited by gigi riva