CPL Stadium Thread

50 minutes ago, Kent said:

I watched the game on TV and was wondering what was going on. The screen was blocking what would have been the view from those stands which were empty. Had me wondering if they were going to permanently close those stands or just make the seats terrible for fans. If it was just a test, presumably they will install it in a better place if they decide to make the plunge.

Heard that it's intended to be at the other end of the stadium, but they couldn't get it installed there in time for this game.

There is a concrete slab top of the grassy knoll.. im sure that's where the video monitor will go

There is a women's rugby tournament coming to BC and a couple big games will be played at Willoughby. Canada v Ireland and New Zealand v England. Trinity Western Rugby will also be using Willoughby for games this season. League1 Langley United will there next year. I think this is all very positive. Also Vancouver FC has done a ton of advertising recently in the area directly surrounding Willoughby. So even though I see investment happening kinda near the end of the season I think it's all moving in the right direction and the team needs the town to understand the value of having a facility like this and hopefully encourage investment in a more permanent structure 

Edited by SpursFlu