Marcelo Flores

SoccerJedi

A thought for Marcelo:  

As a Canadian fan of football and a supporter of the CMNT, I will be thrilled if you choose Canada for your eventual international career. To this end, your idea to attend a Canadian camp, in January, is a really smart and practical move. This move will give you a much better comparison of the two programs, but you know all of this.

Enjoy the extra soccer, enjoy meeting more players, reacquaint with some of your young Canadian peers, and live the experience. Then, you can make your choice when you are ready to do so.

Hope to see you with Les Rouges, Marcelo. Wishing you a great rest of the season at Arsenal.

Cheers!

9 hours ago, kohanz said:

Do we know if it was always like that or changes to this for his debut with Mexico? The latter would not surprise me at all to minimize online abuse and questioning in the media while he's under the microscope and I wouldn't read too much into it. It's marketing.

Not certain if his Twitter had other flags, but his instagram still has all three flags

image.png.817b5dd7c9c4e57148516c1a4cf03047.png

9 hours ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

Not certain if his Twitter had other flags, but his instagram still has all three flags

image.png.817b5dd7c9c4e57148516c1a4cf03047.png

Don't think Flores had any flags on his twitter a few months ago. Jebbison also has England in his twitter profile but not Instagram, maybe because the more hardcore soccer fans are on twitter and they want to minimize speculation.

• 4 weeks later...

Lol, the hilarity

22 minutes ago, Califax said:

Canada will try to 'steal' Marcelo Flores once again

I am enjoying their insecurity a little too much. If he didn’t already play that friendly, I might recommend he put off making a decision until his mid 20’s

Translated: "The Canadian National Team goes for Marcelo Flores. 21 days before the World Cup qualifying, the Canadian team seeks to convince the young man to join instead of the Mexican tricolor. Flores has already debuted with Mexico, so will it be that (Mexico Flag Emoji) behave?"

Mexican media freaking out again. I doubt Flores gets called to wcq for us, and he shouldn't unless it's just to train. Even then it doesn't feel likely (would love to be wrong though).

Would he even be eligible to play for us in the next window or does he need to file a switch? I don't think any of his games even at youth level have been competitive games, so maybe he wouldn't need to file a one-time switch?

2 minutes ago, Kent said:

Would he even be eligible to play for us in the next window or does he need to file a switch? I don't think any of his games even at youth level have been competitive games, so maybe he wouldn't need to file a one-time switch?

Pretty sure he would need the switch. Think its also exactly why the game against Guatemala wasn't classed as a proper "Friendly". I can't see him getting the call for the WCQ and don't think he should do for the actual squad. I don't think that benefits anyone. Coming in a taxi squad makes a bit more sense for everyone and hopefully that happens. 

2 hours ago, toontownman said:

Pretty sure he would need the switch. Think its also exactly why the game against Guatemala wasn't classed as a proper "Friendly". I can't see him getting the call for the WCQ and don't think he should do for the actual squad. I don't think that benefits anyone. Coming in a taxi squad makes a bit more sense for everyone and hopefully that happens. 

Taxi squad does make sense he would be in a camp, and he doesn't want to get cap-tied. Logical for all parties.