Marcelo Flores

SoccerJedi

On 6/19/2023 at 6:26 AM, Unnamed Trialist said:

Panama beat Mexico in the Toulon final handily, 4-1. Saw that looking for the NL game last night. 

Marcelo subbed on m 70 and assisted late on their only goal.

I'm pretty sure Panama had players in that u23 who were with the seniors in qualifying. They have nice depth.

Isn't it nice what depth can do for a program? I would assume that Panama has an active "U" program, moreso than ours.

• 2 months later...
On 9/18/2023 at 11:14 PM, Corazon said:

Probably should have been sent off on his debut.  Looked like he did alright in his 17 minute cameo in a 2-0 loss to Atlas.  This was only given a yellow for late retaliation.

https://x.com/Vahoousz/status/1703625403099738545?s=20

I don't mind a smaller player holding his ground and marking the territory, otherwise they'll roll over him.

• 2 weeks later...

Unsurprisingly, not included in Mexico's roster for their upcoming friendlies.  He does seem to be getting some time with a top Mexican team in UANL Tigres but most minutes are late in games or not he's even seeing the field at all.  Tigres would arguably be one of the best MLS teams if not the best, so it will be interesting to see if he can eventually win some starts with the club or if he ends up being moved to a lesser team in Mexico.  My gut tells me, it will be the latter.  He just turned 20 this week, so even substitute appearances on a club like Tigres is somewhat impressive.

11 hours ago, Corazon said:

Unsurprisingly, not included in Mexico's roster for their upcoming friendlies.  He does seem to be getting some time with a top Mexican team in UANL Tigres but most minutes are late in games or not he's even seeing the field at all.  Tigres would arguably be one of the best MLS teams if not the best, so it will be interesting to see if he can eventually win some starts with the club or if he ends up being moved to a lesser team in Mexico.  My gut tells me, it will be the latter.  He just turned 20 this week, so even substitute appearances on a club like Tigres is somewhat impressive.

Reported to be a 2 million Pound transfer fee so they are going to need to give minutes to justify that. Arsenal rinsed Tigres. 

9 hours ago, Bigandy said:

What do people think of his chances of making CMNT in a hypothetical world. We have the weakest numerical depth at Cam. He could theoretically jump to #2 behind oso (assuming we dont really want hoilett or david as a 10 in a 4-2-3-1)

He has never actually performed at a professional level, it has been all hype so far. When finally joining a professional club in league 2 Spain he got minutes initially then was pushed aside for the 2nd half of the season. At 20 years old now its looking like a Freddy Adu scenario where the agents/hype men are conned teams. 

10 hours ago, SirBobsaget said:

He has never actually performed at a professional level, it has been all hype so far. When finally joining a professional club in league 2 Spain he got minutes initially then was pushed aside for the 2nd half of the season. At 20 years old now its looking like a Freddy Adu scenario where the agents/hype men are conned teams. 

I'm not sure thats true.  Hes getting minutes in the mexican top flight even if its sub appearances. If we had a 20 year old starting for tigres, he would for sure be considered for CMNT. As a sub, its hard to say. A guy like saliba is an mls starter and hes in the conversation. The reason I wonder about flores is because he'd be a profile of player we dont really have options at. 

On 10/11/2023 at 9:36 AM, Bigandy said:

I'm not sure thats true.  Hes getting minutes in the mexican top flight even if its sub appearances. If we had a 20 year old starting for tigres, he would for sure be considered for CMNT. As a sub, its hard to say. A guy like saliba is an mls starter and hes in the conversation. The reason I wonder about flores is because he'd be a profile of player we dont really have options at. 

To me its looking like the same pattern as with Real Oviedo, new exciting attacking mid gets minutes (and even starts at Oviedo) but no output, then gets dropped.

From what I read they paid a decent transfer fee so there will be the pressure to field him.

Quick check on sofa score he is always around 6.5 so just existing in the sub appearances.