Marcelo Flores

SoccerJedi

1 minute ago, Shway said:

I would be disappointed if he's the only new guy called into the squad, and others weren't invited. Delighted because it shows he committing to the program. But I personally would prefer to see the kids who have you know been playing professional ball like Corbeanu, Mitrovic, Ennin, or Jebbison. 

I doubt Enin will be able to travel back and forth from Russia 

54 minutes ago, Ally McCoist said:

No Marcelo Flores in the Mexico U20 team.

No Marcelo Flores for Mexico senior in the next window.

Rumour has it there may be a couple new faces in CanMNT. 

Put two and two together... ;)

Guys... stop liking the comment I wasn't actually being serious 😂 

People are going to be shitting their pants coming onto the forums seeing the Marcelo Flores thread labelled as 'hot' thinking something happened.

Edited by Ally McCoist

7 hours ago, Ally McCoist said:

Guys... stop liking the comment I wasn't actually being serious 😂 

People are going to be shitting their pants coming onto the forums seeing the Marcelo Flores thread labelled as 'hot' thinking something happened.

I mean, it’s a pretty likely explanation though. I can’t see him just not being called into their youth camp because they don’t think he’s deserving. Not that I’m saying he’ll file a switch, but he’s always said he wants to experience a Canada camp, so this could be his chance.

8 hours ago, Ally McCoist said:

No Marcelo Flores in the Mexico U20 team.

No Marcelo Flores for Mexico senior in the next window.

Rumour has it there may be a couple new faces in CanMNT. 

Put two and two together... ;)

And you get 22.

But seriously, if there is one window that he should show up to, even if its just in the stands or locker room, it would be this one.  Qualifying would be one hell of a party.  He'd see the team on a high with loads of buzz, vs the toxicity of the Mexican fans we've been seeing recently.  It'd totally help with his decision.  I wouldn't put this past Herdman.  It'd be a great move.  I can picture Herdman handing the phone to him asking if they should call his Dad with a decision.  

1 hour ago, costarg said:

But seriously, if there is one window that he should show up to, even if its just in the stands or locker room, it would be this one.  Qualifying would be one hell of a party.  He'd see the team on a high with loads of buzz, vs the toxicity of the Mexican fans we've been seeing recently.  It'd totally help with his decision.  I wouldn't put this past Herdman.  It'd be a great move.  I can picture Herdman handing the phone to him asking if they should call his Dad with a decision.  

Give him the Campagna role 

I really like this line from this Mexican article about Flores:

"Although the 18-year-old offensive midfielder has shown his commitment to play with Mexico National Team, he still has the chance of wearing Canada colors if he decided to, and he has the nationality given that his mother is Canadian."

https://www.elfutbolero.us/mexiconationalteam/Will-Marcelo-Flores-decide-to-play-for-Canada-MNT-instead-of-Mexico-National-Team-20220318-0016.html

Says his mother is Canadian. Trying to make it feel like its small connection, unlike the fact that he was born and raised in Canada. I'm not saying he will play for Canada, but that line made me laugh. Why not just say he was born here? Is it really that scary for them to admit.

17 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

Tbh at this point I couldn’t care less about him playing for us. 

time is teaching me that another will emerge, one who is younger and better. I wish him well.

The sweet part about that is that he might emerge from one of our MLS teams. 

26 minutes ago, Vasi said:

The sweet part about that is that he might emerge from one of our MLS teams. 

And I think that’s what Herdman meant.

However to my point I’ve been preaching is that we need more clubs playing on the continental stages. 

Having only one MLS club isn’t enough, and it’s fair to say that Kones breakout/readinesses was displayed in the CCL.  

19 minutes ago, Shway said:

And I think that’s what Herdman meant.

However to my point I’ve been preaching is that we need more clubs playing on the continental stages. 

Having only one MLS club isn’t enough, and it’s fair to say that Kones breakout/readinesses was displayed in the CCL.  

Well we had 2.