Marcelo Flores

SoccerJedi

It's an interesting debate.

Take Justin Smith for instance.

He currently plays in the 5th tier in France for Nice's reserve team. Would he be better off if Ligue 1 ran a separate Reserve league for all it's teams?

And to flip it back to England, I believe I have seen more and more talk about EPL clubs complaining that the reserve league is not high enough level for its prospects. 

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Atlantic said:

Thought the article might’ve been citing ITK sources but more-so sounds like a guess if anything. Nonetheless it would be kinda funny to see Mexico call up a PL youth academy player to a crucial WCQ window, how the mighty have fallen 

I would be more concerned of Jebbo does not chose us than Marcelo. Jebbo has played with actual professionals and performed. In a lot of ways Marcelo is still very unproven. I just find it strange that he is still with the youth team and this highly rated. I expected him to be loaned out this year. I get Liam Miller vibes from him. Still a very good player and a great addition to our team, but not an alpha.  

Edited by Vasi

6 minutes ago, Atlantic said:

Thought the article might’ve been citing ITK sources but more-so sounds like a guess if anything. Nonetheless it would be kinda funny to see Mexico call up a PL youth academy player to a crucial WCQ window, how the mighty have fallen 

Agree, that publication seems to post opinion more than anything.  I saw an article titled “The message that Marcelo Flores sent to Mexico National Team”

It goes on to say that the Mexican flags on his boots and shin pads were a message to Tata and the National Team that he’s ready and waiting for his call back to the senior team for official games.

Although maybe true, quite a stretch to presume.  Maybe, I missed something in the article while reading on my phone.

20 minutes ago, costarg said:

I don't like the looks of this.  Hope he's not going straight to the senior squad.  If he does, is seems like they're getting desperate or just greedy.  Or just trying to get back at Canada for sticking it up their asses.

Jeeze, I must have changed the channel a little early because I didn't see any of that. Do you subscribe to One Soccer XXX?

On 3/15/2022 at 12:06 AM, dyslexic nam said:

Way to use shitty sources…. 

No Marcelo for Mexico this window. 

255211EC-30A5-49B8-897B-72DD6F4743CB.jpeg

Edited by dyslexic nam

2 minutes ago, Ally McCoist said:

No Marcelo Flores in the Mexico U20 team.

No Marcelo Flores for Mexico senior in the next window.

Rumour has it there may be a couple new faces in CanMNT. 

Put two and two together... ;)

Quick, someone make sure his childhood friend Corbeanu is called up as well!

2 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Would be a pretty cool development but I am not expecting it.  I suspect the decision is just pushed back a while.  

I agree.  As a U23, his decision should be held back until the appropriate time.  Having him in camp at home in his home town watching the celebrations would be special though.

Edited by Corazon

I would be disappointed if he's the only new guy called into the squad, and others weren't invited. Delighted because it shows he committing to the program. But I personally would prefer to see the kids who have you know been playing professional ball like Corbeanu, Mitrovic, Ennin, or Jebbison.