Maxim Tissot

PJSweet

• 1 month later...

I think this is in line with the competition our current MNT has.  At this point DCU isn't even giving him a spot on the bench.. just one full 90 which is odd.  I'm sure he has a move lined up if he has agreed to mutually terminate and he probably asked to leave.  

He has been serviceable for the MNT since October but with the emergence of Edwards and Corbin-Ong playing regularly at that LB spot he isn't going to the Gold Cup unless he starts playing.

42 minutes ago, Ivanovski94 said:

He should attempt europe, a similar level to Corbin-Ong(third tier germany or france) or maybe go to sweden, norway, denmark etc.

I agree it might be better for a player in his situation to look at Europe. The problem is he is not a starter for most teams in MLS and even for those who might want to take a chance on him he is an international. The problem here is there are not enough in between leagues, ie. he may not be able to get a spot on a MLS team but he should be playing at a higher level than NASL/USL. Plus there are a lot more possibilities at moving up in Europe if you impress at a certain level. If he could go somewhere a bit lower than MLS like B3 where he will get playing time and develop and have the possibility of moving up a division that would be ideal for him. Given that European seasons are just ending now and trial season will start soon, if that is his route he would be better not to sign anywhere in North America at the moment. 

2 minutes ago, Grizzly said:

I agree it might be better for a player in his situation to look at Europe. The problem is he is not a starter for most teams in MLS and even for those who might want to take a chance on him he is an international. The problem here is there are not enough in between leagues, ie. he may not be able to get a spot on a MLS team but he should be playing at a higher level than NASL/USL. Plus there are a lot more possibilities at moving up in Europe if you impress at a certain level. If he could go somewhere a bit lower than MLS like B3 where he will get playing time and develop and have the possibility of moving up a division that would be ideal for him. Given that European seasons are just ending now and trial season will start soon, if that is his route he would be better not to sign anywhere in North America at the moment. 

He could maybe join an NASL cup for the rest of the Spring season to maintain his form prior to the Gold Cup selection and leave for Europe when it's over in July.

I don't think he's going to Europe but who knows.

39 minutes ago, matty said:

Should of bet money on this

Nicolas A Martineau said something to it yesterday. I think there was something going on since the decision was mutual with DC United not planning to play him except in Richmond and him wanting to play regularly and thinking NASL is better than USL.

On 5/8/2017 at 5:18 PM, Keegan said:

I think this is in line with the competition our current MNT has.  At this point DCU isn't even giving him a spot on the bench.. just one full 90 which is odd.  I'm sure he has a move lined up if he has agreed to mutually terminate and he probably asked to leave.  

He has been serviceable for the MNT since October but with the emergence of Edwards and Corbin-Ong playing regularly at that LB spot he isn't going to the Gold Cup unless he starts playing.

People need to remember that he counts as an int'l for an american MLS team. But yeah, its true that he isnt quite at MLS starting XI quality levels.

On 10-5-2017 at 1:21 AM, Blackdude said:

Nicolas A Martineau said something to it yesterday. I think there was something going on since the decision was mutual with DC United not planning to play him except in Richmond and him wanting to play regularly and thinking NASL is better than USL.

Yeah when it says "mutual decision" it probably means he already had Deltas lined-up. DC United doesn't have to pay his full contract, and he has the option to sign for lower wages without loosing too much. In fact, he could end up earning more this year.  And it's probably a good move for his career as well. 

• 8 months later...