Cyle Larin

shermanator

On 9/28/2024 at 12:04 PM, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Questioning someone's IQ because they don't pick up a language or are nervous about talking in it, in front of a camera (like I am with my second/third languages if I am honest.) 

Lots of really high IQs out there without language skills. 

Again, your biases do your analysis of football a massive disservice. 

I agree!

On 9/28/2024 at 12:26 PM, PegCityCam said:

I think you may have misunderstood @Unnamed Trialist as he was simply quoting what has been in the press recently...perhaps you should check your own biases..?

Edit: C'mon now, he should at least be able to say a few phrases. Even if only as a sign that he actually gives a shit about the culture he's surrounded by. Have you ever actually lived in another country and not learned a few words or phrases? Says a few things about someone.

Or maybe you misunderstood UT. He did question Larin's IQ.

"Is he a low IQ, or what gives?"  I quoted him just in case you missed it.

On 9/28/2024 at 12:59 PM, Unnamed Trialist said:

I was very blocked when I lived in Montreal, at an anglo school though, and decided when I went to Spain I would just wing it and have fun. And study. So now anywhere I go I try a few phrases. Just for fun. I learnt how to say hello and thanks and some numbers in the Czech republic on holiday, and the last day filled up the rental car in Czech. In Norway recently I tried three words and a women in an Indian restaurant told me I said "takk", thanks, with a Polish accent!

So does that mean you had a poor IQ in Montreal but it improved once you moved to Spain?

On 10/11/2024 at 12:15 PM, Joe MacCarthy said:

Very insightful interview into the Canadian team attitude, give it a listen.

To be fair, I was hoping for a bit more from the interviewers.  The guy had Ronaldo as an owner in his previous club and then went back there and scored a goal.   He is still adored by that team and its fans and didn’t even celebrate !  

unless it was suggested to only talk about Majorca.  

20 hours ago, Kadenge said:

You can see David directing the players just before the start of the play. The press worked perfectly. Good job by Staq to force the turnover. 

David not only directed his teammates but also shut off the pass to the left CB at the edge of the box. I didn't notice David's work when I watched the game. I only noticed it now when I replayed the goal. What a smart player we have in David!