Cyle Larin

shermanator

12 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

The day Tani or Bair or Russell-Rowe come on and solve a problem Cyle hasn't been able to fix, then does it again, maybe we could have a conversation. 

more like 29 times...or along the same trajectory over a shorter stretch.

Granted, he's been putting up zeros for 10 games... so it wouldn't take much from JRR or Tani to get us talking. 

29 minutes ago, JBR said:

more like 29 times...or along the same trajectory over a shorter stretch.

Granted, he's been putting up zeros for 10 games... so it wouldn't take much from JRR or Tani to get us talking. 

There's two things.

If he's not scoring for Canada and someone subs in, or gets a start, and scores to help a result, then that's an argument. 

Then there's how the team is doing in general with the guys on the pitch. If the team is getting results I give credit to everyone on the pitch helping, goals or stats or Xg notwithstanding.

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

There's two things.

If he's not scoring for Canada and someone subs in, or gets a start, and scores to help a result, then that's an argument. 

Then there's how the team is doing in general with the guys on the pitch. If the team is getting results I give credit to everyone on the pitch helping, goals or stats or Xg notwithstanding.

That pretty much sums it up for me as well.  

1 hour ago, BearcatSA said:

That pretty much sums it up for me as well.  

Thanks, I'll just add: going up a few goals in a game, playing friendlies vs. rivals you won't lose to, that is a good way to try out new players and see what they can do. If we play Guatemala and Bair and Tani start and can't get a sniff, that's on them. But if they score, at least I am saying, okay, a couple guys who are close to filling in if we need them.

6 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

There's two things.

The latter part parallels what KJ has consistently been breaking down in his post game analysis.  I have a fair bit of respect for him as an analyst, and he has never doubted Cyle’s contribution to the team effort.  Sure he has been going through a drought and it would be great if he banged in a few more - but he is a big part of the overall team play that has seen us gain the respect of the world footy community.  

Mallorca are away to Larin's former club Valladolid at 9 local time, his first visit back there. Some say he'll start, others say they might give Abdon the nod.

Same coach at Valladolid he last had, a few starters are the same as when he was there, and maybe another 4-5 on the bench. The team lost players when they relegated and renewed after promoting. But he did look damn good in that shirt, must say.

Valladolid are struggling but haven't given up a goal at home yet in 3 matches, but have only scored one at home as well.

The beautiful story is that Larin scores his first goal of the season 24/25 against Real Valladolid. Against his former club.

But please Larin don't celebrate the goal.

Please respect Real Valladolid and the fans of Real Valladolid. Real Valladolid and the fans of Real Valladolid respected you.

I'm sure that Larin is a man of respect.

Spirited half going both ways. Larin is getting decent service I'd say, Mojica the Colombian puts them in nicely, he got onto one but the defender deflected it wide. I think they play more openly, have more ball talent than last year, and there's a step up in a few positions. I prefer this Mallorca to last year's but this match is not won and he is still "dry".

Edit: just had another from the other fullback, gets a foot on it and touches the defender to corner. He's visibly frustrated with not nailing one of these.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist