Cyle Larin

shermanator

46 minutes ago, rkomar said:

Would Larin ever be welcome back in the MLS?  He was ready to fight the league's policy of unilaterally extending contracts by a year.  It looked like an antagonistic relationship between them when he walked away.

He wasn't just "ready", he fought it. Like Camilo.

I think he'd be more likely in Spanish 2nd or back in Belgium than MLS. 

14 hours ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

Really? Go down to the second division when he was scoring goals in La Liga? Miss out on a nice payday for himself and a chance to move up career-wise?

Weird, since around here I find most people are constantly wanting our players to move up club-wise after any mere whiff of success :D

I was happy with the Mallorca move when it happened. I'm not afraid to admit that lol. and if he had scored 10 goals last year I am not sure many would have preferred he stay with relegated Valladolid.

7 hours ago, SoCalTransport said:

Going back to MLS would've been a better option than playing in the second division.

Valladolid was never staying down for a 2nd season.  One step back for two steps forward in his career.  Changing teams is always a gamble, infinite examples to that.  He had a perfect fit and great thing going with Mallorca.

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, narduch said:

On the bench against Villarreal

They are pretty well going with the same line-up, home and away, in attack. A 4-2-3-1 with Muriqi up top alone. More midfield presence, more wide play. Darder the creative mid also signed last year is also on the bench. Looks like he'll have to produce with far fewer minutes this season, and same for the other striker Abdón.