Cyle Larin

shermanator

14 minutes ago, blueseeka said:

This may of been the most boring 45' minutes of any match I have watched this year.

If you like midfield passes, this is the game for you. No attack at all by Mallorca. Larin got an early yellow and then had two other fouls that could of been a 2nd yellow. There has been no service at all to him.

Mallorca goaie is in the Borjan school of attack. Evenytime he gets the ball he just hammers the ball to half and hopes for the best. This hasn't been successful once yet this game

Are you saying that because he's Serbian and in the NT mix? 

I think if you have 5 back, and four in the middle, you should be able to play out. Instead of overextending your attack and forcing Larin to run down low % balls.

He's starting beside Abdón, so that is two strikers, a rare case of this in recent games. I'm seeing them lined up 3-4-2-1, with Cyle behind Abdon in the attacking mid, but it'll be closer to a, 5-3-2 I think. They are playing the back-up keeper but he seems to be okay.

Both coaches have been asked about the Cup being a chance to nab some silverware, given Girona has never won any and Aguirre, the Mallorca coach, has never won anything in Spain, after 500 games in 15 seasons (he won Concacaf champions with Monterrey a few years ago). Both clubs recognize that two wins means a Cup final.

This should be exciting, vs. the surprise team in Europe this year along with Leverkusen. I see they are leaving off one of the most in-form strikers in the world, Dovbyk, they have Stuani, the Uruguay veteran who is dangerous but ageing. 

Counter from their own half, the wing is freed and they go in 3 against the keeper, simple pass and he pushes it in. 1-0.

That's his 5th, 3 in Cup, two in the league. Or is it four in the Cup?

They are playing really well. Last time the faced Girona, after an early goal, Girona scored 4 in the first half, rolled over them. So they seem to want to pay them back.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

2 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Counter from their own half, the wing is freed and they go in 3 against the keeper, simple pass and he pushes it in. 1-0.

That's his 5th, 3 in Cup, two in the league. Or is it four in the Cup?

They are playing really well. Last time the faced Girona, after an early goal, Girona scored 4 in the first half, rolled over them. So they seem to want to pay them back.

4 in 4 cup games, I believe. 

Looked like he was offside on a long counter, but he kept going, turned in, and shot, goes wide.

Goes to VAR for a possible handball and the ref gives it....

And Abdon scores on a penalty only Cyle saw when the play happened, 3-0, m. 36.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

Larin now has 6 in 24 games in all competitions so far, which is pretty decent considering how the season started for him and Mallorca. Granted 4 of those are in Copa Del Rey, but in sum we are talking about 1 in 4 for a La Liga side, and given the trend that's only going to improve.

Let's hope the form continues as we get closer to the T&T match. If Larin and David remain hot heading into March, I sure wouldn't bet against us getting the job done and qualifying for Copa America. 

He takes off from his own half, and defends a long bouncing ball with his body, by the time he get's his shot the angle is too close and it runs across the goal. But battling with that defender for 40 yards. m. 47.

In defense Aguirre has him mostly shadowing Davey Blind, who was signed this year after not getting minutes at Bayern. The idea is that he's the CB with most ball play, so that's Cyle's defensive task.