Cyle Larin

shermanator

4 minutes ago, johnyb said:

Women weaken legs...

Ay, the fairer sex are indeed the veritable downfall of all testosteronic endeavours. 

Seriously, I was under the impression he had a partner and kids, but I have no confirmation of that, just things said about him settling in Valladolid and now Mallorca.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

17 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Ay, the fairer sex are indeed the veritable downfall of all testosteronic endeavours. 

Seriously, I was under the impression he had a partner and kids, but I have no confirmation of that, just things said about him settling in Valladolid and now Mallorca.

He does. I think he just officially tied the knot. Congrats to him!

Cadiz scores at 12 minutes

Mallorca is dominating play and Larin has been much involved, physically.  He's knocked two players down including the keeper and they of course assumed the Barrymore theatrics.

Larin almost stole the ball from the goalie, who then slipped and gave Larin a chance.  Larin just missed scoring on a header.

Mallorca is dominating play, getting ever closer to scoring, you get the feeling they'll get one.

Edited by Joe MacCarthy

38 minutes ago, Obinna said:

the goal drought continues....

It's bad. He is appreciated, you can see he has play and moves right. He was even pressuring like made late and the crowd was enthused. But Abdón who is even looks a bit chubby and is a local kid from a village in Mallorca has 5 goals, none in a winning cause. 

This weekend they are home to Alavés, another modest club though doing better this season, then away for the Cup midweek. But he has to start producing because the team needs it, not just him.

4 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

It's bad. He is appreciated, you can see he has play and moves right. He was even pressuring like made late and the crowd was enthused. But Abdón who is even looks a bit chubby and is a local kid from a village in Mallorca has 5 goals, none in a winning cause.

I think I saw the play you are talking about. Near the end of the game, Larin did a sliding tackle and then chased the ball that went back to the keeper.  That got a noticeable cheer from the crowd so I think they are still with him and I do think that performance should earn him another start.  He is getting closer to getting some goals, he definitely didn't look "lost" today.

Was the chubby guy the cat with the suburban dad moustache.  I noticed a guy I thought looked a little porky but then again there were folks here who criticized Ali Gerba for being porky and for a while he was the only guy who could put the f'n puck in the ocean. :)

8 hours ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

Was the chubby guy the cat with the suburban dad moustache.  I noticed a guy I thought looked a little porky but then again there were folks here who criticized Ali Gerba for being porky and for a while he was the only guy who could put the f'n puck in the ocean. :)

That's him. He's not chubby, just has that round face and the moustache, he definitely does not look like a deadly striker. 

He's 30 and has only 80 games in top flight, he has triple that in lower divisions. 8 goals total in La Liga at age 30, the same sum total that Larin had with Valladolid in 4 months.

On from m. 46, playing very well, has had a few great chances. One a breakway after a nice long through pass, then a high chip from an angle, both stopped the keeper. Another wide. He's very active, and Mallorca is playing very well and dominating. Alavés is a more technical team, and I think it rubs off on Mallorca, who are in quick possession and dominate the ball, at least. 

The fans are with him, but it is wild he has not broken is scoring drought yet.

Ends scoreless....

Mallorca have a win all season, 8 ties, 6 losses. Only thirteen goals in 15 games. Once again, they probably deserved a win today, they've had quite a few matches this season where they deserved a bit more.

I saw big chunks of the game. He should be scoring with some of those chances and eventually will.

But is it me or he's not in top shape? he seems to have ran out of gas towards the end even though he only came on in second half. He was walking around and not hustling to get back onside. I don't speak spanish, but was watching the Spanish broadcast, and seemed to me that they were uber critical at him towards the end for the lack of hustle. And I want to insist; i am not fluent so I might have misunderstood completely.

1 hour ago, jdheid said:

Speaks volumes about his coach's opinion o him at the moment.

I'm not entirely sure, it was a relatively modest Cup rival, they won 0-3. If they hadn't gotten clearly ahead in first half, he would have been brought on. But then, what are you proving if you can score against a team in a town of 20,000 on the outskirts of Pamplona, it is not like it'd kickstart a scoring streak.

The other good thing: he's rested for the weekend match home to Sevilla.

3 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I'm not entirely sure, it was a relatively modest Cup rival, they won 0-3. If they hadn't gotten clearly ahead in first half, he would have been brought on. But then, what are you proving if you can score against a team in a town of 20,000 on the outskirts of Pamplona, it is not like it'd kickstart a scoring streak.

The other good thing: he's rested for the weekend match home to Sevilla.

Hopefully you're right and I'm wrong.