Cyle Larin

shermanator

4 hours ago, Norrin Radd said:

Larin was wearing those in his MLS days. That was long before Miller.

It's a Florida fashion thing.

Larin was very effective falling to the far post last year and these two plays were just that . You'd think the tall striker should go to the middle, but he's better if he starts near the middle and falls away, as if he's hiding from the play.

Lots of Mallorca fans were bothered he didn't take the penalty, needing a goal for confidence. Abdón, born Mallorcan and given the captaincy, took two and got a hat trick.

9 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

starting against Real Betis.

Game is on TSN+ I believe 

Was looking at those lineups and thought it wasn't possible, I thought Raillo had a longer term injury and Darder would be out more weeks. So both are healthy and the team is starting to get healthier and its depth back.

So Abdón playing 90 in the Cup and scoring three earned him a bench job, and Larin after scoring was subbed out thinking about today.

1-0 Betis on an early goal. They've been close to tying, Cyle had a header over and Muriqi scored offside. Then Cyle gets a yellow for yapping, as he tends to yap in Englilsh constantly to the refs. Respectfully, it seems, but Spanish refs don't know the difference, the ref said he'd been warned a few times about complaining already.

12 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Ridiculous second yellow on Mascarell and a red, I think the Betis player fouls him. 

Terrible reffing job today totally destroying the game and screwing Mallorca's chances.

It was clearly a foul by the Betis player stepping on Mascarell away from the ball, a clear yellow, but against the Betis player. Red carding for a blatant reffing error is a bit much.

That VAR did not intervene is a sham and Mallorca is going to be livid.

Cyle with a great goalmouth save after a rebound coming from a free kick, point blank, he goes down and saves the goal. Great work. 

I find it funny with this crazy ref and Larin with a yellow, he keeps yapping to him.

And now on a low cross both Muriqi and Cyle reach for a ball they just miss.

Mallorca does not play this weekend, their fixture with Cadiz was put off because of one international player being busy: Muriqi, the Kosovo striker for Mallorca, has a match for Euros qualifying vs. Israel, today, in Pristina.

Originally scheduled for the 15th I think but the Israelis were advised not to travel.

Seems the Liga accepted this postponement, not sure if it was Mallorca's request. But how about other leagues with teams with Israeli and Kosovar players? 

Considering we are coming into an international break, couldn't they have played three instead of 2 but not on this weekend, eg Wednesday, Saturday, Tuesday? Both Kosovo and Israel will play two more matches over the next 10 days.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

4 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Mallorca does not play this weekend, their fixture with Cadiz was put off because of one international player being busy: Muriqi, the Kosovo striker for Mallorca, has a match for Euros qualifying vs. Israel, today, in Pristina.

Originally scheduled for the 15th I think but the Israelis were advised not to travel.

Seems the Liga accepted this postponement, not sure if it was Mallorca's request. But how about other leagues with teams with Israeli and Kosovar players? 

Considering we are coming into an international break, couldn't they have played three instead of 2 but not on this weekend, eg Wednesday, Saturday, Tuesday? Both Kosovo and Israel will play two more matches over the next 10 days.

Israel is playing 4 matches this window because they canceled both their matches from October. I guess they badly want to do the Euro draw in December and know all teams involved. Israel is playing their home games in Hungary. 

My own hot take is if your going to ban Russia from playing you should ban Israel too.

15 minutes ago, narduch said:

Israel is playing 4 matches this window because they canceled both their matches from October. I guess they badly want to do the Euro draw in December and know all teams involved. Israel is playing their home games in Hungary. 

My own hot take is if your going to ban Russia from playing you should ban Israel too.

Hot take, weak comparison on a lot of levels. But I agree they are probably pushing to get the draw done, to get the groups and venues set.

Regardless, the Russia ban was called for by numerous UEFA nations, which are the constituent parts of the confederation. UEFA never acted without consultation.

I have not heard a single nation calling for such a ban in UEFA, and as we see today, one of the few majority Muslim countries in UEFA (Kosovo, Albania, Turkey, Bosnia is at near 50%) is playing their match with this inconvenience, not asking for the points or a ban.

Leaving aside the fact that Israel has Muslim players, and Christian, or has had (no idea of the squad currently).

What I was wondering is if all clubs with Kosovar or Israeli players, especially the core players, were able to postpone this weekend's matches, I am sure there must be a dozen clubs or more affected.

32 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

What I was wondering is if all clubs with Kosovar or Israeli players, especially the core players, were able to postpone this weekend's matches, I am sure there must be a dozen clubs or more affected.

I couldn't find any news on this. All the stories on the match are about the heightened security. Nothing about the actual football.

But skimming through the squad Kosovo has called in they must have been granted some sort of exemption that they had all access to their players.

The irony of course is Palestine will be missing 3 players for their upcoming WCQ because they can't get out of Gaza while Israel continues their war crimes there.

Edited by narduch

2 hours ago, narduch said:

I couldn't find any news on this. All the stories on the match are about the heightened security. Nothing about the actual football.

But skimming through the squad Kosovo has called in they must have been granted some sort of exemption that they had all access to their players.

The irony of course is Palestine will be missing 3 players for their upcoming WCQ because they can't get out of Gaza while Israel continues their war crimes there.

I said it before that FIFA does not apply standards evenly. They pick and choose who to punish and who to let off the hook. An unbiased organization would have banned Russia, the United States, and Israel. Or they would have banned none of them if they were being consistent (which they aren't).

It's like officiating. You can deal with calling things harshly or softly so long as it's consistent. It's the inconsistency that's bothersome (unless your team is getting the favouritism).

Related to Mallorca not playing a week ago, Muriqi the striker was injured in the Kosovo-Israel match 8 days ago, which I'd missed. He could be out with a calf muscle tear until Christmas, maybe a bit earlier. Which makes Cyle an automatic starter.

I only learned this reading about the terrible Gavi cruciate injury, where the article listed other Liga players just injured playing for their national teams, including Camavinga, Vinicius, Ter Stegen.

Cyle is likely to be teaming up with Abdon up high for them for the next league fixtures, as they usually play with two strikers. They have a busy schedule until Xmas, with 6 games, Altético Madrid at home this weekend to start. Also including two midweek league games (29/11 and 21/12). I also imagine they are watching our fixtures rather nervously, hoping Cyle comes back healthy, which I hadn't realized until just now.

Also means Cyle absolutely has to start getting goals for them, or assisting, he's on the spot.

They also have an easy Cup fixture early December vs. 4th tier Egües, a little town near Pamplona. 

Home to Cádiz today, the rival with a lot of injuries, they should start with two strikers and really need the win.

9pm local time, very odd as traditionally la Liga or even 2nd Division in Spain will never counter- program European or National team matches, today three Spanish teams play Champions (Sevilla in the early slot).