Cyle Larin

shermanator

Aguirre spoke at length about Cyle in the postgame press conference....good journalist questions. Says finally this week he's training right and clearly game fit. Says before the problem was Cyle's, now it's his as coach. He had a tete a tete with him and Cyle asked why he wasn't starting, and Aguirre reminded him the other strikers had 4 goals each. Admitted he needed to start to get a goal, which would boost his confidence as a striker. Then he said he was happy with how he was playing lately, goals or not.

47 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Aguirre spoke at length about Cyle in the postgame press conference....good journalist questions. Says finally this week he's training right and clearly game fit. Says before the problem was Cyle's, now it's his as coach. He had a tete a tete with him and Cyle asked why he wasn't starting, and Aguirre reminded him the other strikers had 4 goals each. Admitted he needed to start to get a goal, which would boost his confidence as a striker. Then he said he was happy with how he was playing lately, goals or not.

That sounds pretty encouraging - and not just for Mallorca. If Cyle is (not surprisingly) now being held to a higher standard and is in an environment where the club will push him to be at his peak, we should reap the benefits as well.  

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

It’s wildly disappointing he wouldn’t come in to the season in shape when this is likely the most important season of his career.  Full season in a top 5 league.

1 hour ago, trc2014 said:

It’s wildly disappointing he wouldn’t come in to the season in shape when this is likely the most important season of his career.  Full season in a top 5 league.

Disappointing for sure. He was also out of shape  when he first reported to Besiktas after his transfer from MLS

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Gets the start in this afternoon’s cup game against CD Boiro of the third tier.

If I'm not mistaken they're sixth tier, I think they're the lowest level team left in the Cup.

He really needs to break his drought today.

May watch in a bit, but I'm a bit saturated, was in a stadium this midday for another Cup match and stood for 2.5 hours as it went to penalties.

Just now, Unnamed Trialist said:

If I'm not mistaken they're sixth tier, I think they're the lowest level team left in the Cup.

He really needs to break his drought today.

May watch in a bit, but I'm a bit saturated, was in a stadium this midday for another Cup match and stood for 2.5 hours as it went to penalties.

Yes- you’re right; FOTMOB only reports results from the fourth division and up, so I had seen their table from a few seasons ago (Federacion 3?). He needs to score today- I can’t imagine that the team they’re playing is fully professional at that level?

10 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Yes- you’re right; FOTMOB only reports results from the fourth division and up, so I had seen their table from a few seasons ago (Federacion 3?). He needs to score today- I can’t imagine that the team they’re playing is fully professional at that level?

Amateur, must be a few guys getting a few hundred a month.

They're leading their division and if they were to promote, 5th tier pays 20,000 €/year minimum, more if the club had made a certain quantity off transfers (odd rule).

Boiro is a pretty small town on one of the inlets in Galicia.