Cyle Larin

shermanator

9 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Man, that kid Lamal, what a player. Normally I'd like to see a youngster dominate in the CPL before making such a big step up, but he's looking excellent out there.

Barca are just showcasing him to sell him on for a profit.  He'll likely end up in the championship even though an MLS team who would actually play him is probably best for his development. 

Just now, Kadenge said:

Yes that was very poor. I didn't see anything in his 37'  to warrant a start next game. 

Agreed. My fear is starting to be realized with Larin at Mallorca. Not a good fit, whereas at Valladolid he was the perfect fit. That was always the danger of transfering to another club, but it still beats playing in La Liga 2. 

He'll need to score eventually and earn his start, otherwise it could be a long season at Mallorca for him. 

I thought he was fine. Last year Valladolid really studied him before signing and Pacheta especially played him right. Aguirre has rather basic ideas and I don't think he knows how to use him, then Muriqi is a more consolidated striker who Cyle won't easily displace.

In a 2-1 game at least he got on, when they really needed to defend, and the other striker stayed on with him for a while.

Of course I'd prefer to see him at least force the big save from Ter Stegen on that last play.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

Aguirre said something about him quoted in the press but it's not in the postgame press conference. Like "ah you sob you scored those at Valladolid", then he says Larin used some unrepeatable swear word in English.

Aguirre criticizes to motivate, with a bit of humour, which I like. I still don't think he played him right but Larin at least looked energetic. In Mundo Deportivo today they describe him as "vertiginoso".

Mallorca have turned it around quite nicely, 1-2, 15 min left. Cyle on the bench still. 

They just did a water break, and this is one of the first times I have seen a football bench miked like for a basketball timeout. You could hear the Rayo coach Francisco giving his 1 minute tactical and inspiration talk, making adjustments to the team, some players replying. 

Rayo tie it with a very iffy penalty late, Cyle does not play. Too bad not to get the three points but still, an improvement.

Will say, Mallorca was much better, playing with more spirit, more as a team, light-footed and challenging in defence too, showing character. You get the sense they are getting into a proper groove and being humilliated in Girona, plus just the weeks any team needs to start clicking a bit, has woken them up.

As long as he's playing well the chances will come and he'll score eventually. It's the poor play I am more worried about than lack of goals. Ugbo has 3 in 10 and his play has been terrible, so it's not just about goals (even though he needs to score soon). 

Encouraged to hear he's playing well. As always, thanks to @Unnamed Trialist for the live match reports. 

11 hours ago, Obinna said:

As long as he's playing well the chances will come and he'll score eventually. It's the poor play I am more worried about than lack of goals. Ugbo has 3 in 10 and his play has been terrible, so it's not just about goals (even though he needs to score soon). 

Encouraged to hear he's playing well. As always, thanks to @Unnamed Trialist for the live match reports. 

Fortunately I actually like Mallorca and find it easy to support them, so I don't mind watching them even if Cyle is not playing. Also: don't like Valencia at all.

My only frustration is that Mallorca is an island, it's just 250 km away from me but that's an 8 hour ferry.