Cyle Larin

shermanator

They win on a late goal against the play by Muriqi, 0-1.

Larin seems to have worked hard in defence, little more, but as I say, my stream was inconsistent.

The win puts them at 5 points after 5 matches, and a bit further from the bottom positions. I see them next Saturday in Girona, 2pm local time. Hopefully Cyle can get a start.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

Cyle travels to Girona for the early game Saturday.

Aguirre in the press preview said they were working on in being a more possession team. And recognized he wanted to play with a media punta, an attacker behind the target, but it didn't make sense if they couldn't keep the ball. 

He seems to want to start with Larin and Muriqi up top plus Darder, but I sort of doubt he will playing away vs one the revelations of the league so far with a lot of firing power.

70 min drive up for me today, I'd normally wear a red Canada shirt (little good to see today when both teams are reds) but Air Transat/Air Canada permanently lost my bag last trip to Vancouver and with it all my shirts, Canada, Whitecaps, Barça, plus my CPL t-shirts.

5 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Cyle travels to Girona for the early game Saturday.

Aguirre in the press preview said they were working on in being a more possession team. And recognized he wanted to play with a media punta, an attacker behind the target, but it didn't make sense if they couldn't keep the ball. 

He seems to want to start with Larin and Muriqi up top plus Darder, but I sort of doubt he will playing away vs one the revelations of the league so far with a lot of firing power.

70 min drive up for me today, I'd normally wear a red Canada shirt (little good to see today when both teams are reds) but Air Transat/Air Canada permanently lost my bag last trip to Vancouver and with it all my shirts, Canada, Whitecaps, Barça, plus my CPL t-shirts.

Enjoy the game. My wife and I have spent a lot of time in the Girona area. Great place.

1 hour ago, cronaldo7 said:

Enjoy the game. My wife and I have spent a lot of time in the Girona area. Great place.

Anywhere in particular?

I've actually never been to this stadium. Great atmosphere, everyone wearing the colours, but it's quite a way outside of the city which is small enough as it is. So that must affect the attendance, which is maybe around 15,000.

I'm more of a Girona fan than Mallorca, if they win they go top of the league. Maybe I need Larin playing 30 and scoring to be to be happy today.

They dominated for 3 minutes, got a penalty, then have been rolled over for 30. They have no possession and no midfield quality, and Muriqi doesn't hold up well to help. 

2-1.

If they stay like this I can see Aguirre being sacked, the problem is not being able to offer anything with what you have.

3-1.

May see a bit more of Larin at this pace.

Edit, 4-1. Girona is having a good year but not this good, Mallorca has been miserable 😖

He started warming up with two others before the half ended.

It could get nasty. The Girona keeper had the ball at his feet in stoppage, noone pressured him, so he just stood there 20 seconds. Finally Muriqi went, applauded him, jawing, and a few Mallorca players went at him at the whistle. Sort of like a slam dunk at the end of a blowout, but not really: as soon as Mallorca scored their keeper started time wasting, from m.4. 

Aguirre has now sent the entire bench out to warm up at the half, 11 guys including the two extra keepers.

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Anywhere in particular?

I've actually never been to this stadium. Great atmosphere, everyone wearing the colours, but it's quite a way outside of the city which is small enough as it is. So that must affect the attendance, which is maybe around 15,000.

I'm more of a Girona fan than Mallorca, if they win they go top of the league. Maybe I need Larin playing 30 and scoring to be to be happy today.

My wife is Finnish but lived in Spain and speaks Spanish. We have spent a lot of time in Catalonia in general (Begur, Palafrugell, Tossa de Mar, Cadaques, and then south to places like Tarragona, Peniscola, etc). And just recently we married near Santa Coloma de Farners at an old monastery. 

4 minutes ago, cronaldo7 said:

My wife is Finnish but lived in Spain and speaks Spanish. We have spent a lot of time in Catalonia in general (Begur, Palafrugell, Tossa de Mar, Cadaques, and then south to places like Tarragona, Peniscola, etc). And just recently we married near Santa Coloma de Farners at an old monastery. 

Congrats on the wedding, lovely place to get married.

1 hour ago, cronaldo7 said:

Now that the match is done...my wife is from the interior above Vic, the Lluçanès district, a little stone village staring at the Pyrenees. So over the years we've gone more to the mountains than the coast.

If you ever get a chance this is one of the easiest going top flight stadiums I've ever been to, everyone really pleasant and you're really close to the pitch.

Larin went through the motions, subbed in m.65… though he had two headers and one loose ball he put over the net and was a decent chance .

They scored twice when he was on but Girona was coasting with the 5-1 and didn't press the issue .

Really poor Mallorca, the need to play in a different way or they'll suffer. Then Cyle, he needs a breakthrough.

Mallorca host FCB today, big match. Many media say Cyle might start and that Aguirre might mix things up, but I'll have to see it to believe it.

They won't fire him for a loss vs Barcelona but it looks to me like Aguirre is treading water. I don't see him hitting the right buttons, and not just when it comes to Larin.

Cyle on the bench. Darder arguably their best talent, on the bench. Amath who's the only one with wing play, the same. Abdón who scored twice vs Girona in garbage time, when the game was done, starts after Aguirre explaining in press conference that he wouldn't.

I realize you should not judge a coach on how he plays a Canadian but he's starting to pick my butt.

Barcelona is resting Lewandowski which could make sense, they (we!) should have enough firepower to win handily. I expect 70% possession.