Cyle Larin

shermanator

10 hours ago, kacbru said:

Need to also consider the bang for the buck - what is more useful investment for Juve?  One David or 4 Weah-level players? Or one Weah and saving the rest of the cash for the inevitable scandal they will be tied up in.

As someone else mentioned on here, there seems to be limited market for upper high-end players.  Teams are happier spreading their risk.  That being said, I saw that Chelsea has spent 900M pounds on players since the Americans bought them last year!

Yes for David, but what about Tajon? ...and he had a very good WC performance.

6 hours ago, Kadenge said:

Yes for David, but what about Tajon? ...and he had a very good WC performance.

Any team that would try to buy Tajon for his one good pass at the WC would have their scouting team fired. Up until the start of this season for Brugge, Tajon's 2023 was very poor for both Brugge and Canada.

I'm seeing so many people bewildered that Tajon didn't move this summer when I felt it was obvious he wasn't going anywhere when Inter was the only link (on a contingent that they sell Dumfries) and then we watched him fumble around and be injured and poor for Brugge and then seeing him do jack shit for us when he subbed on against Panama and the US in Nations League.

Edited by VinceA

2 hours ago, VinceA said:

Any team that would try to buy Tajon for his one good pass at the WC would have their scouting team fired. Up until the start of this season for Brugge, Tajon's 2023 was very poor for both Brugge and Canada.

I'm seeing so many people bewildered that Tajon didn't move this summer when I felt it was obvious he wasn't going anywhere when Inter was the only link (on a contingent that they sell Dumfries) and then we watched him fumble around and be injured and poor for Brugge and then seeing him do jack shit for us when he subbed on against Panama and the US in Nations League.

His Champions League was excellent and he was very much noticed. 

I'm starting to get these in my YT feed. He's hilarious. Last year since they played with 5 back and got 50 points, they ask him, and he says he'd play with a line of 3… 5…7, he'd play with nine back or 11, the only thing that matters is the points. 

Then: how you play isn't important, it's looking at the table and who's 18th, 19th, 20th.

Then vs Las Palmas they ask "I suppose you liked the team more in the 2nd half than the 1st". "You suppose badly " that he likes them the same since they didn't win.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

Coach doesn’t think Larin is fit enough to start:

https://x.com/cansoccerdaily/status/1692334998064677359?s=46&t=spIaqlQfufAO3HreB1455Q
not sure about the translation of the article, whether the coach is upset or is just acknowledging that Larin had a tricky summer, but basically says that he sat on his ass in Jamaica for a month and didn’t train, hence why he’s coming off the bench. Maybe a nice goal later today might help with getting starts before long. 

2 minutes ago, Strait Red said:

Happened a couple of weeks ago, I was hoping as a Bell subscriber that it would stay free, but I guess not.

Telecoms gouging us again. Sad part is they are buying up other sectors as well. There's a lack of true competition in many sectors of the Cdn market now and consumers are bearing the cost.

12 minutes ago, sebdeserio said:

Might just be the coach being his eccentric self.

Larin had the same issue when he first went to Besiktas. Arrived out of shape and spent a good portion of the first half season getting up to speed. It's disappointing. Would have thought he would be eager to start off well 

Larin could have gone back to Valladolid earlier and trained a few days at least, chose not to. Was in Ontario, not Jamaica btw, with his family. Visiting Smyrniotis. Then only went to Jamaica for the legal paperwork, maybe 3-5 days. I think.

That said, he played a strong 30 in hot conditions last weekend so he can't be too far off.

I think it is fine they rely on Muriqi alone up top, and more so vs. a tough rival, as they'll have plenty of games where they can use two or have need for a supersub.

Just saw the last 10 minutes but he looked pretty involved.  Curled away from his mark to make himself available for a header but the pass never came, and had a nice little spin and shoot that just missed.  

As for the coach’s comments, I don’t mind him working within a structure that will push him to be in top physical shape.  

Definitely a better looking team in attack than RV.   

Edited by dyslexic nam

In the press conference after the Villareal loss, Aguirre repeated that Larin has only been training for 2 weeks and he is not fully in form, that he arrived "frankly out of shape"; he says he hadn't trained for a certain time, then rectifies and recognises he was with Canada to the end of Nations League. But still. 

Says "he insinuated what we expect of him", he got into the box, did a few things. 

I like that he is pushing Larin, who could have done more to prepare to start an entire new season in La Liga on a club worried about relegation from day one.

He also mentions Larin is still in a hotel, various players do not have a home, as factors that the team is not settled. There was also a serious injury to a player coming off a long injury, which he feels could have affected the team.

Shortly after, he interrupts the press conference to give a shout out to the Spanish women's national team, saying "we will all be glued to the screen". 

Steve Kerr buys minority stake in LaLiga side Mallorca

https://www.espn.com.au/nba/story/_/id/38241515/nbpa-filing-grievance-says-james-harden-violate-rules

Quote #1: "Golden State Warriors head coach Steve Kerr has become a shareholder in Real Mallorca, the LaLiga club said Tuesday.
Mallorca re-organised its ownership structure last month, with president Andy Kohlberg becoming majority shareholder after acquiring the shares of former Phoenix Suns owner Robert Sarver."

Quote #2: "Eight-time NBA All-Star Steve Nash is also a shareholder at the club, having previously served as a director"

https://www.espn.com.au/video/clip?id=38239539

image.thumb.png.79644ebbc7519709ff203a00a2e48811.png

Interesting board of directors  with several familiar names. 1) Le Saux, ex Chelsea and England international.  2) Steve Nash 3) Martino and Holden would be familiar to anyone familiar with MLS in the last 10 years

Edited by Free kick