Cyle Larin

shermanator

5 minutes ago, Rivaldo said:

You'll never guess what came out of my butt.

Brugge must have really given up on him.

It seems like Brugge had 3 starting caliber strikers and only needed 2 (one starter, one backup). One is valued because of his relatively young age and potential, the other is in his prime, like Larin, but has a bigger reputation for scoring in Belgium. If you have to offload one it makes sense it's Cyle. Mallorca's gain though, seemingly.

Larin and Mallorca close to a deal, now just have to negotiate with Valladolid. Assuming Mallorca doesn't have 10 million to spend.

4 years at 2 million with increments, making him their second highest paid player.

Steve Nash is still a shareholder of Mallorca, but no longer sits on the board after starting coaching the Nets.

https://okdiario.com/baleares/mallorca-cyle-laring-cerca-del-acuerdo-11162498

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

35 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Larin and Mallorca close to a deal, now just have to negotiate with Valladolid. Assuming Mallorca doesn't have 10 million to spend.

4 years at 2 million with increments, making him their second highest paid player.

Steve Nash is still a shareholder of Mallorca, but no longer sits on the board after starting coaching the Nets.

https://okdiario.com/baleares/mallorca-cyle-laring-cerca-del-acuerdo-11162498

Think it’s so funny that Steve Nash made a half pivot into soccer after retirement and then pivoted right back so he could become the league’s worst head coach on a team with 4 of the most mercurial stars in the league. Should’ve just bought himself a villa on Mallorca and never be seen again unless it’s at a game or press conference.

Happy for Cyle if he does go to Mallorca. Any team in Spain gives you a beautiful place to live, but like I’ve said before, Mallorca might have the best living circumstances of any top 5 top tier team. One of the nicest places I’ve ever visited- very few places on earth better to live in when you have a couple million bucks and play a game for a living. 

2 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Think it’s so funny that Steve Nash made a half pivot into soccer after retirement and then pivoted right back so he could become the league’s worst head coach on a team with 4 of the most mercurial stars in the league. Should’ve just bought himself a villa on Mallorca and never be seen again unless it’s at a game or press conference.

Happy for Cyle if he does go to Mallorca. Any team in Spain gives you a beautiful place to live, but like I’ve said before, Mallorca might have the best living circumstances of any top 5 top tier team. One of the nicest places I’ve ever visited- very few places on earth better to live in when you have a couple million bucks and play a game for a living. 

Isn't that where all the  English tourists go for a beach holiday? 🙂

Just now, Kadenge said:

Isn't that where all the  English tourists go for a beach holiday? 🙂

When I was there last year, our host who was awesome made me a list of the beaches to avoid and told me what to expect if I was there. I don’t have the full list, but she basically told us Palma is all annoying drunk Germans, Magaluf is all annoying drunk Brits, I hear the annoying drunk French tourists favour the north coast, but most of the places we ended up visiting weren’t as heavily touristy. 

19 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

My only problem is I can't just pick up and drive there, because it is not far from Barcelona in a straight line at all.

As you say, apart from excess tourism there are nice places to live, towns and villages even, and most of the soccer season is not high balconing season. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balconing

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ultimahora.es/deportes/real-mallorca/2023/06/29/1966203/real-mallorca-busca-nueve.html

Another insisting on Mallorca but his full bio and some added tidbits, like he and Muriqi were rivals in Turkey and both are Bruges "rejects".

Some reports say he's making 2.8 million, others 2. I think he'd drop the salary slightly if they give him 4 years and incentives and raises as he goes.

Just out in AS, they report Valladolid could decide to keep Larin in 2nd division if they don't get the offer they want.

https://as.com/futbol/segunda/el-pucela-se-planta-con-larin-n/

Looks like a clear bluff. They can't pay his salary in 2nd.

As teams are starting preseason at the end of next week, this is typical when time is getting short, although if interested parties are smart they'll wait.

14 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Just out in AS, they report Valladolid could decide to keep Larin in 2nd division if they don't get the offer they want.

https://as.com/futbol/segunda/el-pucela-se-planta-con-larin-n/

Looks like a clear bluff. They can't pay his salary in 2nd.

As teams are starting preseason at the end of next week, this is typical when time is getting short, although if interested parties are smart they'll wait.

I wonder if he has some clause in his contract that allows him to not report to camp if RV tries to keep him. With how he left Orlando for Beskitas, it would shock me if Larin allowed himself to get stuck in second div.

29 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

I wonder if he has some clause in his contract that allows him to not report to camp if RV tries to keep him. With how he left Orlando for Beskitas, it would shock me if Larin allowed himself to get stuck in second div.

I think it goes differently, if I may.

They start training July 10 and do medicals the 7th and 8th (just checked). Everyone has to report, including all transfer prospects (Machis, Plata, the Moroccan El Yamiq). It is actually in their interest to do so as well, they don't want to miss their preseason. As Liga teams start doing friendlies in mid-late July, if they don't get results, they'll start thinking they do have to react. The second division starts 2nd week of August, La Liga starts 13 August, the Saturday. 

I can appreciate that you may not want to risk injury to your best transfer prospects, but the players need to be ready. You don't want to sign late in the transfer period and still need a few weeks to be on form. I mean, he could still sign late August if Valencia, say, lacking goal, has lost 3 and realize they do need to fork out 10 million after all.

My sense is that Larin and RV have a good working relationship, which I like to see.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

30 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I think it goes differently, if I may.

They start training July 10 and do medicals the 7th and 8th (just checked). Everyone has to report, including all transfer prospects (Machis, Plata, the Moroccan El Yamiq). It is actually in their interest to do so as well, they don't want to miss their preseason. As Liga teams start doing friendlies in mid-late July, if they don't get results, they'll start thinking they do have to react. The second division starts 2nd week of August, La Liga starts 13 August, the Saturday. 

I can appreciate that you may not want to risk injury to your best transfer prospects, but the players need to be ready. You don't want to sign late in the transfer period and still need a few weeks to be on form. I mean, he could still sign late August if Valencia, say, lacking goal, has lost 3 and realize they do need to fork out 10 million after all.

My sense is that Larin and RV have a good working relationship, which I like to see.

Yeah not reporting to camp was a bad choice of words- I meant more that say he reports to camp, does all of the stuff you have to do when you show up, and then the first week of August rolls around and RV says look, we don't like what we're getting offered, so you're playing next week, and you'll be playing here until further notice. Could Larin just say nope, I'm staying home, sell me as per our deal or I'm gone. I guess we'd have to know the actual verbiage of his contract to know that, but if he signed a deal with RV knowing they're in the second tier, my guess is that he's negotiated protections to avoid playing the season in LL2.

But like you mention, they have a good working relationship, they also want to make sure the next time they're in LaLiga and need to bring a new player in to keep them afloat, that player doesn't think that he may get relegated and be forced to stay in the second division the following season, so there's really no reason for them to hold onto him unless all 19 other LaLiga teams and zero teams outside of spain show interest in him which would be insane.

8 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Yeah not reporting to camp was a bad choice of words- I meant more that say he reports to camp, does all of the stuff you have to do when you show up, and then the first week of August rolls around and RV says look, we don't like what we're getting offered, so you're playing next week, and you'll be playing here until further notice. Could Larin just say nope, I'm staying home, sell me as per our deal or I'm gone. I guess we'd have to know the actual verbiage of his contract to know that, but if he signed a deal with RV knowing they're in the second tier, my guess is that he's negotiated protections to avoid playing the season in LL2.

But like you mention, they have a good working relationship, they also want to make sure the next time they're in LaLiga and need to bring a new player in to keep them afloat, that player doesn't think that he may get relegated and be forced to stay in the second division the following season, so there's really no reason for them to hold onto him unless all 19 other LaLiga teams and zero teams outside of spain show interest in him which would be insane.

My comment was in part because I read an article that said those 4 players, specifically, had said they did not want to play in 2nd division. 

What does not make sense for RV is to play Liga salaries in 2nd, unless it is a historical player, a veteran, or the journeymen Spaniards who have been up and down divisions.

I could also see a loan deal; RV gets no transfer fee, retains the player in case they go up next year, but does not have to pay his salary. And the receiving team gets the talent without having to shell out the fee. He plays well in La Liga and his transfer fee stays high.

49 minutes ago, Obinna said:

This should have always been the rule. You don't gain any noticable advantage by edging your pinky finger behind the final man. 

Couldn't agree more. There have been some spectacular goals negated by the slightest of millimeters. Now that may still happen, but this rule will allow 95% of the goals that were previously ruled offside. Wonder if this changes defensive tactics such as a high line etc?

Fran Sánchez the guy who signed him at Valladolid, sporting director, and apparently close to him from what I've seen, says RV is not going to sell him cheap. That if they don't get the offer they want they will keep him, and can, as the contract stipulates that if he plays with them in 2nd division his salary goes down automatically. Sánchez says they've spoken and it is clear that any sale has to "help the club grow".

Again, this article repeats he was making 2.8 million. What we did not know previously was that, first, the buyout could be activated if they relegated, and second, new, that his salary would automatically drop in 2nd if they chose to keep him.

Story is from Sunday in Spain in seems.

https://www.estadiodeportivo.com/futbol/mallorca/advertencia-clara-para-los-pretendientes-cyle-larin-20230702-422845.html

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Fran Sánchez the guy who signed him at Valladolid, sporting director, and apparently close to him from what I've seen, says RV is not going to sell him cheap. That if they don't get the offer they want they will keep him, and can, as the contract stipulates that if he plays with them in 2nd division his salary goes down automatically. Sánchez says they've spoken and it is clear that any sale has to "help the club grow".

Again, this article repeats he was making 2.8 million. What we did not know previously was that, first, the buyout could be activated if they relegated, and second, new, that his salary would automatically drop in 2nd if they chose to keep him.

Story is from Sunday in Spain in seems.

https://www.estadiodeportivo.com/futbol/mallorca/advertencia-clara-para-los-pretendientes-cyle-larin-20230702-422845.html

Struggling to understand how that could be the case. There’s no way Larin would have agreed to that post-relegation, so was it somehow a stipulation in his initial loan agreement?

Just now, footballfreak said:

Struggling to understand how that could be the case. There’s no way Larin would have agreed to that post-relegation, so was it somehow a stipulation in his initial loan agreement?

I agree but I'm pretty sure they trust each other. Just see it as part of negotiating tactics, you pay attention and you can learn a lot of how complex it is.