Cyle Larin

shermanator

22 hours ago, Obinna said:

I've been to Analusia and it's a beautiful part of the world. I am sure Larin would enjoy it. 

And I never knew that about Betis being the working class club, pretty neat. 

If Larin could go there and somehow grab the starting role, that's huge for us (especially with the Europa League football). 

Betis seems a good option. His manager would be El Ingeniero - Manuel Pelligrini.  He played (or at least tried to play) nice attacking football the last time I saw him - as a positive. His flaws were a massive dillusion about how 100 million GBP can transform a team in the Premier League (even 5+ years ago) and suicidal loyalty after the worst series of goaltending displays I have ever seen. (Seriously, I "got" to see, live at Oxford United away, the worst goaltender performance I have ever witnessesed, including CONCACAF.  To add insult to injury, I was right behind Roberto in the home end for the worst of it.)   

Apparently scarred by that a bit, but neither of those problem can be or have been a factor at Betis.  Good experience and  knowledge and a decent eye for skillful attacking talent (if not suited to the rigours of the Premier League)  Haller, Felipe Anderson, Andriy Yarmolenko and Pablo Fornals (who has done well enough after admitting English football was just too fast for him initially). Good if Larin can land there I think, a situation in which to suceed.

22 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I have seen that Betis expects there to be some interest in Iglesias from EPL. 

The only press I have seen about him on the English (and international) side is the story from a week or so ago about him calling out homophobic abuse from Spanish fans online.  His crime: wearing a bag to a wedding.

From Tuesday: Cádiz interested but he's probably too expensive for them. The only queries about him with RV from Osasuna, Mallorca and Celta Vigo. 

All solid options if he's looking to stay in La Liga, Osasuna is in Conference League. 

https://pucelafichajes.com/2023/06/el-sueno-casi-imposible-del-cadiz-por-cyle-larin/

Related, other sources confirm a possible interest from Getafe, with the Betis and Valencia interest also in the news. Most of the more modest clubs consider his salary to be high. 

Re Valencia, word today is that Iraola wants Justin Kluivert for Bournemouth, which would open up a spot at Valencia, no doubt the biggest and most powerful of the pretenders, despite constant underachieving.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

On 6/21/2023 at 1:28 AM, Unnamed Trialist said:

Re this: read David makes about 1.7 million.

@ObinnaValencia? Betis?

Bitchin', great clubs, big clubs too. Either is way higher than I'd imagined. A proven striker in LaLiga for 10 million…? He's going to go for more, that's cheap.

Valencia tried Cavani, but of course he's in decline. Then Justin Kluivert is more an outside attacker, like Hugo Duro. Lino was the other striker but only got going very late. Along with the academy kids who basically saved them from relegation with critical goals. These teams should have 2-3 options, I think they'd sit Cavani for him as long as he worked.

Betis, more effective and better goal scoring from the mids too, like Canales, Fekir. Think their key striker was Borja Iglesias, he's good, then Willian Jose, also a talent, but both are over 30. Betis had Joaquín retire aged 41 this year, a legend.

Really appreciate you sharing all your knowledge on the Spanish football landscape. 

2 hours ago, cronaldo7 said:

Really appreciate you sharing all your knowledge on the Spanish football landscape. 

I just cram the research to make it look like I know ;)

Seriously, when my kid collected the playing cards and I went always to Camp Nou I was much more on top of things, I knew rosters better. And I would never give a ff about teams like Valladolid, which in normal circumstances I'd always want relegated (all the teams that roll over and gift Real Madrid points, as in fact they did this year too).

This year I went to far more matches in 5th, 6th and 7th tier, and the women, than La Liga.

Latest seems confirmation of interest from Valencia

https://www.estadiodeportivo.com/futbol/valencia/fichajes-valencia-altas-bajas-rumores-movimientos-mercado-fichajes-202324-20230623-422097.html

All the press here, and I guess everywhere, does those Left the Club/New Signing/Back from Loan/Returned after Loan/Interested in lists.

https://www.deportevalenciano.com/2023/06/22/fichaje-delantero-centro-valencia

This article from just yesterday says he's high on their list, but they need to clean out players first (yesterday new stories came out on Betis's interest as well).

I didn't realise that Lino was also on loan from At Madrid (they'll loan him again but I guess only a weaker club will want him); if they lose Kluivert that leaves them only with Cavani, who scored 5 in 25 games for them. Cavani has just a year on his contract, he'll be 37 at the end of next season. Valencia could pay for Larin and cover his salary with relative ease. 

They appointed Valencia legend Rubén Baraja coach late last season, no one is sure if he's experienced enough but they re-signed him a week ago.

This is a very admiring article about Mallorca's interest:

https://okdiario.com/baleares/mallorca-lanza-cyle-larin-11130907

After they played, precisely when that inadvertent handball gave Mallorca a late penalty to tie, Aguirre the hilarious Mexican coach of Mallorca praised his play, the only coach I've heard make public statements about how much he liked him. The idea is to keep Muriqi, who is similar, and let them do a tandem, which could be successful.

Just heard that Osasuna may lose their Europe spot this year due to match fixing? Apparently it’s from back in 2013-14. Unfortunately this won’t help Larin, as the club who will take their place will be Athletic Club which… I don’t think is going to sign Larin

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2023/06/23/la-liga-side-osasuna-are-banned-from-the-europa-conference-league-by-uefa/amp/

2 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

Just heard that Osasuna may lose their Europe spot this year due to match fixing? Apparently it’s from back in 2013-14. Unfortunately this won’t help Larin, as the club who will take their place will be Athletic Club which… I don’t think is going to sign Larin

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2023/06/23/la-liga-side-osasuna-are-banned-from-the-europa-conference-league-by-uefa/amp/

Larin scrambling to sort out his Basque heritage...

3 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Latest seems confirmation of interest from Valencia

There is a lot to like about any Valencia interest, with their history and their iconic stadium and all that.

But damn man, I can't pretend I didn't those images that we all saw from the events around Madrid & Vinicius jr's visit this past season both inside and outside of the Mestalla .  So I'm not sure I'd want Larin to be connected to all those bad vibes. I guess I'm pulling for Real Betis to be the successful suitor here.

42 minutes ago, Acid-Tone said:

There is a lot to like about any Valencia interest, with their history and their iconic stadium and all that.

But damn man, I can't pretend I didn't those images that we all saw from the events around Madrid & Vinicius jr's visit this past season both inside and outside of the Mestalla .  So I'm not sure I'd want Larin to be connected to all those bad vibes. I guess I'm pulling for Real Betis to be the successful suitor here.

I know it is a lot to get into, but that business with Vinicius was the biggest load of manipulated bs we've seen in a long time. Only if you insist I'll get into it, but even though it'll make me sound like an apologist, I'd only give a version that a solid majority of fans in Spain would subscribe to, nothing more. 

I personally hate Valencia Club de Fútbol, but the reasons are entirely unrelated.

That depends. 

Are you going to say that the racist chants and hanging effigy seen outside the stadium were not symptoms of some deeply racist locals and instead try to minimize it, by saying it was a strategic attempt to antagonize a star opposing player?  Cuz yeah, If it's gonna be something close to that, I'll pass.

10 hours ago, Acid-Tone said:

That depends. 

Are you going to say that the racist chants and hanging effigy seen outside the stadium were not symptoms of some deeply racist locals and instead try to minimize it, by saying it was a strategic attempt to antagonize a star opposing player?  Cuz yeah, If it's gonna be something close to that, I'll pass.

Effigies were six months ago in Madrid. See how the information is totally unreliable? People can't even ask a rhetorical question without getting the data wrong. So I'm not surprised that the "subtleties" are of no interest at all. That said, Larin and family in Valencia, in terms of race, would be absolutely no different to Larin anywhere else in Spain, or perhaps slightly better. Given its more cosmopolitan and open than smaller towns and certain cities like Valladolid with a longstanding fascist reputation.

Real Madrid has the most right wing, intolerant fans in Spain by far.

Valencia is a shitshow, the fans absolutely hate the owner and the owner barely seems to care. Getting caught red-handed calling Vini a monkey en masse aslo wasn't great. 

I'm sure you can get into all the subtleties and idiosyncrasies of Spanish society, but frankly chanting mono to a black player, even though they play for the club that "has the most right wing, intolerant fans in Spain by far" just isn't good enough. Period. 

2 hours ago, CCrTFC said:

Valencia is a shitshow, the fans absolutely hate the owner and the owner barely seems to care. Getting caught red-handed calling Vini a monkey en masse aslo wasn't great. 

I'm sure you can get into all the subtleties and idiosyncrasies of Spanish society, but frankly chanting mono to a black player, even though they play for the club that "has the most right wing, intolerant fans in Spain by far" just isn't good enough. Period. 

As I said I don't like Valencia, i quite despise them, but to think it's more racist than other clubs is plain stupid. But people need to jump onto causes, these are desperate times.

When Valencia players the next match stood together to condemn racism, Diakhaby, the French born international for Guinea refused to stand with the group in the middle of the pitch and wandered away. The images are powerful. Because he'd been subjected to racial abuse by rival players at Cádiz and the league refused to do anything. The players aren't stupid. They wash over what they want, when they want. But not if Real Madrid needs to leverage things in their favour the week they're eliminated from Champions. You have to be naive to not see it.

My personal view is that if can't do your job without being subject to abuse, whatever it is. And the employer can't guarantee that it won't happen, then the shop, office, school or stadium should be closed for the day. All I'm doing is responding to the dumbass comments about Valencia as if it were anywhere near a problem specific to that club.

I was just going to post similar: in the paper version of Sport this morning there's an article on the Mallorca interest, pic of Larin playing vs. Betis. 

The deal, as I posted earlier, was that Aguirre quite liked him. But also, @Obinna, it seems they want to keep Muriqi and have them play as a duo up front. They are very similar, Muriqi, who is Kosovar, you could argue is even more physical, taller. He scored 15 this year, he is very effective.

Mallorca has the possibility of selling Kang In Lee, the young Korean, there seems to be an offer of more than 20 million from PSG. Which would enable them to sort out a few pieces.

Technically, though it's not what they want, Valladolid could decide that the offers aren't good enough. So they'd keep him and then loan him to a Liga team. Who'd pay just his salary and no transfer.

That way, if they promote after a year in 2nd, he could return to play for them in top flight. 

It's not the deal they want but it could make more sense than selling too cheap.

1 minute ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Technically, though it's not what they want, Valladolid could decide that the offers aren't good enough. So they'd keep him and then loan him to a Liga team. Who'd pay just his salary and no transfer.

That way, if they promote after a year in 2nd, he could return to play for them in top flight. 

It's not the deal they want but it could make more sense than selling too cheap.

It’s a strategy, but it’s not only up to Valladolid. Larin (and his agent) has to agree to a new contract.

8 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I was just going to post similar: in the paper version of Sport this morning there's an article on the Mallorca interest, pic of Larin playing vs. Betis. 

The deal, as I posted earlier, was that Aguirre quite liked him. But also, @Obinna, it seems they want to keep Muriqi and have them play as a duo up front. They are very similar, Muriqi, who is Kosovar, you could argue is even more physical, taller. He scored 15 this year, he is very effective.

Mallorca has the possibility of selling Kang In Lee, the young Korean, there seems to be an offer of more than 20 million from PSG. Which would enable them to sort out a few pieces.

I wonder if there'll be shades of a Larin-Abubakar relationship. They never played in a duo per se, but they did have great chemistry. Aboubakar was/is another big body who was less tall but more physical, if memory serves correct.

27 minutes ago, MauditYvon said:

It’s a strategy, but it’s not only up to Valladolid. Larin (and his agent) has to agree to a new contract.

I'm not sure. It's possible that the clause says the two years in this new contract is in the terms previously stipulated.

Now you're right they could renegotiate it, but Valladolid won't for example raise his salary now. It wouldn't make sense them being in 2nd, and it'd be an impediment to a sale, because any buyer looks at salary too.

Larin is probably the most intelligent negotiator of contracts on our NT. He leveraged himself out of Orlando, rejecting the illegal MLS automatic club option. Then after that good year in Turkey insisted Besiktas pay him over 2 million salary for a renewal, pricing himself out of a deal deliberately. Bruges paid him a high salary, over 2million because he held out so they could sign him on a free transfer, plus typical signing options. Now if Valladolid sells, the buyer will likely be asked to raise that 2 million + salary in return for say three years. And all this on hot and cold play, without needing to be always on top of his game.