Cyle Larin

shermanator

18 minutes ago, The Real Marc said:

Cyle would still have to agree to the transfer. That twitter post probably meant to say 4 million Euro

The article goes on to say that Spanish teams often put ridiculous tags on their players to discourage dumb offers, but at that fee, they’d likely take €10-15 and be very happy.

What I am especially suprised by is that Valladolid had a purchasing option at a fixed 1.5 million euros even if they did relegate. That was smart if it was Larin's agent, and smart of RV as well.

I think most assumed the option would only be activated, could only be, if they stayed up. So they also had this clause, and that probably benefits Cyle. I am sure his dialogue with Valladolid will be more towards mutual best interest, whereas with Bruges that could not be guaranteed, they lost his trust.

Related, Gonzalo Plata, who I feel was another of their better players, is rumoured to be going for 10 million. And then they are likely to still sell Fresneda, who could go for over 20 at his age. With Cyle that is over 40 million which basically would cover their budget for a 2nd division campaign to promote again.

"Many teams are calling us asking about the situation of Cyle Larin. His termination clause is just over 40 million euros, but obviously we are not going to ask for his clause because it does not adjust to that value," said Fran Sánchez, sports director of the Real Valladolid, in the local program Deportes 8.

It says they're looking for around 5 million euros for him and that Osasuna, Cadiz, Getafe, and Mallorca want to sign him. 

https://www.estadiodeportivo.com/futbol/real-valladolid/precio-economico-por-que-puede-fichar-cyle-larin-20230615-421540.html

I was hesitant about teams like Valencia and Real Betis as recently as a few weeks ago. I argued that he needs to go to a smaller La Liga side, so that he can continue playing and scoring regularly. 

Now, maybe I am still processing the loss to the states, but at this time I want to reverse course. I want to see our players in the bigger environments. Again, I might be saying this while enviously looking at the riches the USA have, so I may feel different later, but right now I want our guys at the highest level they can go, and moving to Real Betis or Valencia would absolutely fit the bill. Despite Valencia being bigger and more successful than Betis, historically, it would seem they'd be the better choice, since last year was so poor and there's bound to be a shake up, which may provide real opportunities to Cyle, whereas Betis in recent years have settled into a top 6 La Liga club, so I assume they are more settled and possibly harder to crack.

We'll have to defer to our Spanish expert to break down the striking options at both of these clubs. Any thoughts @Unnamed Trialist?

1 hour ago, narduch said:

Re this: read David makes about 1.7 million.

@ObinnaValencia? Betis?

Bitchin', great clubs, big clubs too. Either is way higher than I'd imagined. A proven striker in LaLiga for 10 million…? He's going to go for more, that's cheap.

Valencia tried Cavani, but of course he's in decline. Then Justin Kluivert is more an outside attacker, like Hugo Duro. Lino was the other striker but only got going very late. Along with the academy kids who basically saved them from relegation with critical goals. These teams should have 2-3 options, I think they'd sit Cavani for him as long as he worked.

Betis, more effective and better goal scoring from the mids too, like Canales, Fekir. Think their key striker was Borja Iglesias, he's good, then Willian Jose, also a talent, but both are over 30. Betis had Joaquín retire aged 41 this year, a legend.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

14 minutes ago, A.D.I.D.A.S. said:

One thing that might make Real Betis the more attractive option of the two, they have Europa League football this upcoming season.

Betis also happens to be the most loved, or at least "least hated" team in Spain. Except by Sevilla supporters, of course. They always have strong away support because of working class Andalusians all over the country. 

Good place to live as well, but there are few places in Spain where a footballer would really be uncomfortable.

8 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Betis also happens to be the most loved, or at least "least hated" team in Spain. Except by Sevilla supporters, of course. They always have strong away support because of working class Andalusians all over the country. 

Good place to live as well, but there are few places in Spain where a footballer would really be uncomfortable.

I've been to Analusia and it's a beautiful part of the world. I am sure Larin would enjoy it. 

And I never knew that about Betis being the working class club, pretty neat. 

If Larin could go there and somehow grab the starting role, that's huge for us (especially with the Europa League football). 

24 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I've been to Analusia and it's a beautiful part of the world. I am sure Larin would enjoy it. 

And I never knew that about Betis being the working class club, pretty neat. 

If Larin could go there and somehow grab the starting role, that's huge for us (especially with the Europa League football). 

I have seen that Betis expects there to be some interest in Iglesias from EPL. He scored 15 last season. He is also a friendly guy, he seems like he has positive vibes. Also player who was really a late starter. So if he goes they need similar cover. Willian José was the sub, only scored two in the league and tended to average a 30 min sub on, or stayed on the bench.