Cyle Larin

shermanator

6 minutes ago, spitfire said:

On my SofaScore they are still in the relegation zone (tied but behind in goal difference..) on FotMob they aren’t 🤷🏻‍♂️

Tie breaker is head to head so the apps may struggle with that

We have seen some frustration with David's early Lille days where no one would pass. This is something new, I'm not even mad they are relegated. How do you pass back and forth between 3 defenders on the halfway line for half the game, send the goal keeper up for the last possible chance of the game but keep 4 players defending outside the box and then don't even put the free kick into the box. 

Those poor fans were tremendous. Larin will get a move without a worry but the fans there deserved better than what they were served. They simply had no idea how to break getafe down or even try to do anything attacking. They weren't dragged there, they skipped their way to relegation today while twisting their hair and licking on a lollipop. 

Edited by toontownman

7 minutes ago, CCrTFC said:

Hopefully he stays in Spain. I wonder which clubs are interested 

Wouldn't be surprised to see him finally end up at Leeds or more likely Burnley. They have been after him for a while. I think he fancies heading to England. He will want to be top flight somewhere though.

5 hours ago, toontownman said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see him finally end up at Leeds or more likely Burnley. They have been after him for a while. I think he fancies heading to England. He will want to be top flight somewhere though.

He wouldn't be top flight if he went to Leeds.

6 minutes ago, Watchmen said:

He wouldn't be top flight if he went to Leeds.

That's why it's more likely he goes to Burnley. I bad englished. 😔 I mentioned Leeds simply because they have longstanding interest in him. Not convinced he wants anything but top flight football though and he has probably earned that right.

2 minutes ago, toontownman said:

That's why it's more likely he goes to Burnley. I bad englished. 😔 I mentioned Leeds simply because they have longstanding interest in him. Not convinced he wants anything but top flight football though and he has probably earned that right.

If he wants to go to England, so be it.  Careers are short and he'd be well paid (even at Burnley).  But, I might prefer he stayed in Spain, rather than bouncing to a 4th league in 3 years.  Guess it depends on the quality of team chasing him in Spain, but if it's the type that qualifies for Europe (regardless of tournament) then that might be the better sporting option for him.

1 minute ago, Watchmen said:

If he wants to go to England, so be it.  Careers are short and he'd be well paid (even at Burnley).  But, I might prefer he stayed in Spain, rather than bouncing to a 4th league in 3 years.  Guess it depends on the quality of team chasing him in Spain, but if it's the type that qualifies for Europe (regardless of tournament) then that might be the better sporting option for him.

For me this is the biggest consideration.  Watching RV this season has impressed upon me how unexciting the lowest part of La Liga is.  If he jumps to another relegation candidate I would be concerned that he would be playing the same type of footy.  I am not as stuck on the idea of European footy but I just want him to be somewhere that the quality of footy is high.  

19 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

For me this is the biggest consideration.  Watching RV this season has impressed upon me how unexciting the lowest part of La Liga is.  If he jumps to another relegation candidate I would be concerned that he would be playing the same type of footy.  I am not as stuck on the idea of European footy but I just want him to be somewhere that the quality of footy is high.  

Spain has 8 teams in Europe next year, so I was really just using it as a "top half of the league" guideline and meaning I didn't want him in a relegation battle either. 

I don't really think there's much of a chance of him moving to a smaller club in Spain though.  RV is getting a deal on him, and they'll price him out of range of those smaller teams.